• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

February's Contest!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
Ok so the first month of 2003 is outta the way, you made rent and paid the phone bill, covered your arse with the significant other last night at the Chinese take out place and now here you are...:waterwork

Fear not, the Sultan of Smooth and DB's Contest-meister is here for ya! You've been here before, you know the drill. New here? No prob, here's how it works... There's a photo below. There's usually something funny going on in said photo. That "Hey!" thing going on between your ears?, that's funny too. Put it down as a caption for said photo. Do it multiple times and I don't wanna hear about your premture ejection problems, titanium or not. :naughty

Hang out for the month, cruise around the threads, maybe stop off in the DB store and pick up a re breather or mask strap and by the end of the month, you'll see who ran the funny and gets a genuine, never been worn :hmm DB T shirt suitable for wearing or changing your oil, or a DB coffee mug, complete with handle and free of stains. Who loves ya, huh? :inlove

This is a non denominational deal so if you SCUBA in Aruba, or hold your breath in North Dakota, wear 8 tanks and four computers, or just a snorkel and a smile, it's all good!

Be cool with the language and all, this is a family show, but seeing as how this month's model is dare I say, smooth, feel free to wax eloquent. (It means get after it, now and be funny!)

PS... this photo is courtesy of Anderson, wotta guy!

sven

Last edited:
In an ultimate field-test a high-profile Deeper Blue author demonstrated, that a Picasso camouflage suit really helps to get close to the fish.

:D
Uli

oh boy!!!!

"when no one was looking sven hit the fish market."
"I need as much fish as you have got love " "why "said the stall owner. "well" said sven " I've a spear fishing contest and I left my spear gun at home". "ok then".

At the weight in sven was easly found to be cheating "but I haven't cheated" said sven. What sven failed to noitce was the fact some of the fish was from the carriben and not the west cost were the contest took place. :D

Sven muses over potential spearfishing significance of a crypyic phrase uttered by Rigdivr when Rig invited him to celebrate Mardi Gras on the way to 2james 3rd annual Key Craze ...

Attachments

• slide0002_image004.jpg
    slide0002_image004.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 508
How Fresh?

Fresh Scandinavian Snapper now availiable in fish markets across Nor Cal.

Stealth Diver

In a new effort to combat terrorism, the Navy began outfitting divers with the new hi-tech camoflage DCS-1000 (aka Carnivore) wetsuit. While the Navy denies all existence of such equipment, the National Enquirer received this photo of a diver wearing the suit from a reliable source....

Enquiring minds want to know....

Bret

After a second call from his wife, this time with a better signal, he realized he was supposed to have speared some seabass. Smooth as he is he stopped by the market on his way home.

"Hmmmm.......I'd like those four............and could you put a hole in each one of 'em for me".

M-2

Fish & lobster were all fine and dandy, but she was really impressed by the size of Sven's crabs :naughty

"The modern hunter"

"New York Spearfishing"

"Dive the Hudson? Yeah right!", thought Sven.

3mm Picasso Gloves - $25
Rubber Weight Belt - $50
Piccasso Full Cam Wetsuit - $300

Actually using the line "Hey, wanna see the size of my gun?" on a lady who looks disturbingly like Ellen DeGeneras?

Priceless

Last edited:
"The war against terror went to a new level. Brandnew Navy Seals (Riffe division) recruit Sven checks for potential Al-Lobstah members"

Caption for the day...

"Holy Fishsticks! Is that a Mackerel in your dry suit or are you just happy to see me?"

:t

Bret

"Well technically, its not against the rules of the Spearfishing World Championship Series, so it must be ok...and I dont want the others to have an unfair advantage..."

Another Try....

"Oh dear, we are running out of Flounder. Do be a love and go spear a couple for me, won't you?"

"Why sure thing, luv. On my way!"

<Splash!>

:duh

realizing that i would be impossible to operate as small a gun as he was used to with the mitts he was wearing , sven decided to take the easy way out and hit the local fish market...

more to come (hopefully)
:t

"This is even easier than shooting fish in a barrel!"

Jon

Looks like the contest is a bit slow this month!

Come on folks - let's have your submissions! Remember you can win some DB Tee's or Mugs...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT