• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Feeling Nostalgic...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Been down memory lane this evening - been doing some housekeeping on the forums. You all may not know this but the forums go back to the year 2000 (the editorial side back to 1996) and in doing some housekeeping have managed to go through lots of threads from old staff and members - some brought a smile, some brought a tear - believe it or not we've seen births, marriages, divorces and (sadly) deaths in the family that is DB. So many memories...Been a fantastic journey for all these years - many friends have come and gone - thanks to everyone who has helped out and here's to many more...

Cross-Posted here and on Facebook:

Reactions: Kars
Caught the discussion today Stephen
Brought back a few laughs
So I'm back hopefully to cheer up a few of you and probably annoy the arse off the rest
[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the Keys Kraze, the Ab Grab, and the Vancouver Island trips. They always looked like such fun. I'm hoping to make it to some DB get-together one of these days.

It'll work out one of these times, Stephan. Very nearly made it this year!

I've certainly got lots of great memories tied to the forums. Great trips and even some 3D friends I've met all over the world. Amphibious (Colin) and I are still good friends; he lives a province over and works all over the world as a helicopter pilot but we still hook up. I introduced him to a hottie 3 years ago and they're still together!
Connor Davis and Jim Muscara came up to Van Island for a trip and I love those guys. I'm planning on getting to Fla to see them soon I hope.
Fondueset I've not met in real life, but what a wonderful and peaceful man.
Stephan I met in London a few wives ago (mine) lol!
Lotta and Roland in Dahab!
JMD James from Fla who moved to Canada.

Laminar (Pete) and Eric F of course- Eric was out on my last liveaboard trip a few years back. Pete I haven't seen for years!
Quite a few cool guys from Alberta that I've spent a lot of time with after connecting through the forums.
BatRay I haven't met yet. Maybe when we're in southern Oregon in Sept :)

There are a more of course but I'm just back on here after 4 years so names escape me.

Finally,my friend Freediver48 (Doug), a great friend and good man that pushed me to compete in CAFA and also took me out spearfishing for the first time years ago. RIP Doug.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT