• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fiber glass Bifin with wide feet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

KYStark

Jun 29, 2018
Hello guys,
i got my AIDA lvl 1, and this weekend lvl 2.
I am looking into buying a pair of fins. its going to be my first.
based in Germany, my Budget is up to 150€
i have incredibly wide feet. size 41-42.
perferably Fiber glass, as they are cheaper than Carbon and suppose to be better than plastic.
looked up Pathos for foot pocket, but the glue thing give me doubt, i kinda wanna use the foot pocket for a long run, and change blades when its time.
what do you guys recommend ? any tips for me please ?

thanks!

Properly done, glued blades do stay put. My Imersion e-carbons have been used a lot, over ten years under conditions ranging from winter Alaskan to Hawaii with no problems.

I'm very happy with them, by the way, because they have very wide footpockets, and there is fiberglass between the outer layers of carbon fiber. Great fins.

Hi, I have already for the second time glued Pathos Footpockets with Leaderfin carbon blades. The first time was fiber carbon medium, but the blades was to hard (for deep diving perfect, but in the pool and for fun freediving no fun), after 2 years I changed to soft pure carbon (have sold the old ones) and I really happy.
The gluing part is hard, but the pathos footpockets really great. Very light weighted, the power transmission ist great and with a hot fan you can customize the footpocket form for more comfort.

With the combination of Leaderfins Fiberglass and the Pathos pockets I had to modify the blades a little to make them fit. Wasn't too big of a deal apart from me being a perfectionist.

This combo is now going into its third year. Diving every week, year round and in all conditions, with mostly shore dives from rocky areas. Good stuff.

Get the Leaderfins Forza footpockes. Trey're great and can be molded to your feet with hot water. Use their size guide and you won't go wrong.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT