• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

fin upgrade

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
hello,
I have fin seac shout s700.
I want to upgrade to a moddable footpocket.
Most of my fishing is 5-7 meters depth.

What a recommended footpocket.

Thanks

I expect your existing fins are pretty good.

I've used Beuchat mundial competition fins for years and find them comfortable, reliable and robust. I have 2 pairs now.

I broke a much painted and repainted fin in extreme conditions once and then only because I had not replaced a fin blade clip, which are available in the Beuchat blade fitting kit. I opted to buy a new pair of kelp brown blades and keep the old, painted blue blade as a spare. A little OTT but I bought a spare pair of fins too - don't want to be caught without fins again! :D

I've seen it opined that Beuchat footpockets are good for long, thin feet but my feet are broad and stocky, so my conclusion is that they suit most foot types.

I believe you can now get fibre glass, camo and/or carbon fibre blades for them but quite pricey. Check availability yourself though. Might be cheaper to buy complete fins with carbon/ camo blades already fitted.

Omer footpockets are well regarded with good availability of alternative blades I believe - but again check for yourself. I hope they get their ice blades sorted out - transparent blades! :)

Not sure about Spetton, Picasso, Epsealon and Mares, their names crop up though. Is there a company called Nemo too?

Spearo YouTuber Daniel Man has a video about his favoured fin company DiveR. They talk about the footpockets they prefer to use with their blades, I forget the make and model but probably worth checking out.

... Is there a company called Nemo too?

I remember monofin "Nemo". Company is called "Waterways", littel outfit in Ukraine. It was a good blade, but kind of geared up for competitive finswimming. I used it for spearfishing for some time.

Most of my fishing is 5-7 meters depth.

What a recommended footpocket.

IMO it doesn't matter how deep you dive. The choice of fins is more about swimming distances, and how much gear you tug along. The choice of a blade stifness is also, rather about your experience and fitness level. Hard to recommend anything, it is trial and error. But then, some blades that were too stiff for me, feel soft after a while, not sure if this is an actual fatigue of a blade or is me getting used to it.

For foot pockets, my personal preferrence lately is to have bigger size and wear it with thicker neoprene socks. I am yet to find a foot pocket that will not leave blisters after a few kilometers or hard finning.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT