• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Finally, finished my gun with my Home-Made "Tomba" system

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rafter

Aug 7, 2014
Hello guys,

I own an old Mares Cyrano 850. I took it apart long time ago because it was leaking. I noticed the front muzzle had a little crack, so I thought I put in a dry barrel system on the gun while i replaced the seals. I have access to a cnc lathe and milling machine. So I made a replica of Tromic's Tomba system. Thanks Tromic. I also use the tips i found on the website on how to make the gun a little more powerfull. I completely removed the inner
"low power" white block. The low power pin was corroded anyways and broke when i tried to remove it. I used silicon and epoxy to seal the hole. I made a small video showing the gun assembled and explaining what i did. It is my first you tube video so go easy on me guys. I added a small check valve to prevent hydro-lock when loading the gun. The check valve works great but i need to make sure it does not become a tangle problem. I will post as soon as i test the gun on how this works.
Since i modified the gun i could not get the local shops to air fill it for me. I was putting together a system to do it using my scuba tank, but i got lazy and decided to just buy the one they sell online from mares. Again, thanks to Tromic and all you guys for the valuable info you provide. here is the video link,

Nice work and nice color;-)
Yeah, we talked about check valves in the past for the dry muzzles, but I think you are the first to actually do it. So, let us know if you have tangling problems or not.
And kudos to Tromic for sharing the knowledge.

BTW, with access to a (CNC) lathe, I am surprised you didn't make your scuba "pump" yourself;-).
I hacked one together with off-the-shelf parts but if I could proper CAD and had the access, for sure, this would have been a project I'd love to do - prolly right after a muzzle;-)

BTW, I have this dream of making a pneumatic gun pretty much from scratch and I like the small check valves you sourced. Can you share the brand/model number, pls?

BTW, with access to a (CNC) lathe, I am surprised you didn't make your scuba "pump" yourself;-).
I hacked one together with off-the-shelf parts but if I could proper CAD and had the access, for sure, this would have been a project I'd love to do - prolly right after a muzzle;-)

BTW, I have this dream of making a pneumatic gun pretty much from scratch and I like the small check valves you sourced. Can you share the brand/model number, pls?

Yes, the one I bought is the brass one from McMaster Carr. part number is 8567T31 they also have a 303 SST one but i think this may eventually corrode. I will try to find out the p/n for the fitting i used. Here is a link to the site.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#check-valves/=11bllly

http://www.mcmaster.com/#8567T31

Reactions: Diving Gecko
Rafter, your solution using the check valve is fine. I had an idea to use an O-ring placed in a groove having small boring to let water out of the muzzle - same purpose as check valve. But that would decrease the reliability of holding the vacuum. I had no idea about existing such a tiny valves. With Tomba700x the position of the valve might be after the shock absorbers front end.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT