• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Carbon Fins for depth 40m+

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

NoNameNoob129

Aug 1, 2017
Hey Guys,

im looking for new fins, My First Carbon fins.
I Used The Razor Mares Pro until now.

Now i want some high quality fins.
Price is Not rly an issue but The Maximum should Be 400€.

Im only 70 kg heavy, so The blades should Be more soft Not to hard.

I rly dont have a clue wich ones are good or Not.
So i appriciate Every Feedback for different fins.
I found a good offer for The Razor Mares Carbon fins. But i Cant find any Feedback for them, someone here got some experience with them and Can Tell me something about them?

Thanks

Paul

I really like my Trygon bi-fins and would recommend them to anyone, i have an older model, medium stiffness normal length, seems they skipped this since i cant find any way to choose the stiffness(or length) now.
I´m 2m+ and around 110kg, these medium fins are a bit to soft for deep diving but excellent when i want to have fun for a couple of hours, been to 45m with them thou.
They used to be the only brand i found that actually told customers that it was ok to leave their fins in the sun since their carbon/production technique was more advanced and could handle the heat.
http://trygons.com/equiqment/fins

Maybe they can answer the stiffness question if you contact them.

Alchemy fins are universally considered excellent - most people (including in your weight class) go for the medium soft.

I like my cetma mantras a lot (soft). I am 75kg and have taken them to 45m on both slow and fast dives. They are really long in contrast to the trygons which are very short (I offer no opinion on whether long or short fins are best).

Thanks for your help.
Ye i also found The alchemys and trygons.
I found Many positive feedbacks about both But some divers say that the trygons are really soft softer Then Most others.
Im a lightweight But Maybe The trygons are to soft for deeperdives idk:D

At The Moment The alchemys are My favourites Many positive feedbacks :)

best Would ne to Test Them But Ye Not possible Here

Yes, Alchemy, Trygons, Molchanovs (http://molchanovs.com/product/hp-carbon-bifins) or Mtechnic (http://www.mtechnic.gr/carbon-fins/). You can choose Mares Razor footpockets with both Alchemy and Mtechnic, so you will know what size to pick. Myself, I dive in cold waters with a 7 mm suit, 6 kg weights and weighing 80 kg. Finning back up from 40 meters with the Mtechnic (model spirit) is no problem at all. Good luck. You will not go wrong with any of these fins I mentioned. Beware that you will have to use more kicks with carbon fins than plastic, but with much less effort.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT