• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

first contact from paggman

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pagg_man

Dec 8, 2006
hello evryone, this is my first contact i took me a while to set up my registration but during that time i read threads and learned quite a lot , thanks

Ive read a lot of threads concerning breathing up techniques and the reasoning behind proper breathing up techniques. Some of these seem to be a bit contradictory and i'm not to shure which to pay closer attention to. Also alot of the info seems to come from what i would call pure freedivers(they dont hunt.)I could probarbly be wrong though. Im very interested in info on how to combine these techniques with hunting. Could someone clarify the relationship beween blood co2 levels / diving ability,acidic & alkaline blood states. Ive been spearfishing for about a year and a half now .I can easily dive to 45 feet and be very comfortable. Ive done this on my own with no training at all. however i know that im ready to carry spearfishing to the next level. I was a heavy smoker up until one month ago. How long is it advisible to wait before i begin serious consistent training, could i be stressing out my lungs. After trying some of the basic breathing exercises i read about in threads, i've experienced that my body reacts in a totally different way when i dive . could someone outline a basic breathing up exercise that i could use to start seeing some inprovement on dovn time. Spearfishing has become an irrisistable passion for me,so much so that i'm worried about advancing ton aggressively , any advice.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…