• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First dive of the year

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

skarz

Rasta Freediver
Mar 4, 2004
Hi all, yesterday i got out into the cold wisconsin waters of Long Lake with a 3mm shorty and a kodak underwater camera :). It was my first dive since last spring, and it was obvious i was rusty. It was raining though, with water temperatures much colder than usual, so i had the whole lake to myself. On my first dive i was in about 8ft. of water and had a bottom time of 30 seconds. From there i moved to the dropoff, where i saw a family of bass playing around by the rocks. My practicing started to show off when i began getting bottom times of nearly a minute in about 19 ft. of water.

After about an hour i began to get a little too cold and went in to warm up. I went outisde 2 hours later for a bit more fun, and too release some turtles my science teacher has been restoring back to health after they were in a fire. I let them go on the beach and got a head start in the water. All 3 of them quickly went their own ways, but then came back together and headed for deeper water. I followed them as far as i could, but they soon disappeared in the blackness.

I had a ton of fun, and a ton of hot chocolate after i froze my butt off. This was my first REAL freedive, and i enjoyed it soooooo much! I'm ready for some real gear and some warm weather to really see what i can do.

Start a new thread and where it says insert image hit browses
and search for where you stored the photos on your computer.
You may have to use photo shop or some program like it if your photos are to large.

AJ

attaching a picture

You dont have to start a new thread in order to post a picture.
Just post new message using 'post reply' button.
On the posting screen you have a possibility to attach files to your post.

Tuomo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT