• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Fins: Cressi Modular Black or C4 Carbon Minimal

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kian1991

May 14, 2020
Good Morning or whatever time it is in your country,

I just started to get a crush on Freediving since im staying in Greece for a whole semester (1 1/2 month to go). I did a lot of research regarding fins which I could buy and heck greece is quite expensive in this terms. So I fell in love with the Cressi Modular Black and looked for a shop with reasonable prices. But what I have found there was pretty surprising:

C4 Carbon Minimal FS-30 Blades - 79€
C4 400 Footpockets - 33€
----------> Carbon Fins for - 112€

The Cressi Gara Modular are also on "discount" for
Cressi Gara Modular - 95€

I really have no idea what I should do, as the Cressi Gara are just at 69€ in my home country it feels a bit bad to buy them here for 95. So could anyone recommend the carbon fins?

When I am in shallow water I still have some snorkeling fins to avoid damaging the carbon ones.

I would be grateful for any advice

cheers

Kian

EDIT: Whoops I just saw my mistake on this. The price is just for one Blade, not a pair Oh well, decision is made, even if it hurts.

Thanks for reading anyway ;D

@admin this thread can be deleted

Reactions: Mr. X
I did wonder if the blades might not be for a pair but couldn't make sense of the website, "all greek to me". Blades are sonetimes sold singly in case of breakage.

It's a pity replacement blades aren't priced more competitively.

Reactions: Kian1991
I yesterday bought the Cressi Gara Modular Impulse costing 105€. The Vendor and freediving instructor was telling me its the new version, and 10er more I mean come on haha so I did some research and I dont regret it!

For the carbon blades, even if its single blades the c4 seem to be good and for around 180€ I can later upgrade if I stick with freediving

Seem like a good option to me

Reactions: Mr. X
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…