• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

first freedive dive

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

margery0007

Apr 17, 2003
Hey guys,just thought id put this thread up as im extatic!

yesterday i went to a -30m tank in Portsmouth, the first real place ive ever freedived before...

and by the end of the day i was consistantly reaching the base, -30m! i was so chuffed as im only 16.

But above all that i increased by static time to 2:07, nothing compared to you guys maybe but it made me feel good enuff!

an amazing day topped off by a good sleep,

Nick

Margery

Welcome to DB

and

Welcome to the -30m club!

Always brings a smile to my face to hear anonther youngster has joined the ranks.

DSV

cheers for the support,

definatly gona train hard ad reach the highest i can go!

only bad thing is i cant compete until im 18 in most competitions

newaysrofl !

nick

Nice one!

-30m? Congrats, really! If you go on like that for the next two years, you`re surely going to have some kind of a good start in competitions! Good luck from my side anyways...

Cheers joe

...and good luck and welcome from my side of the planet.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

---Very, very impressive!! Congratulations and welcome!
How long have you been training?
--and what was the water temp?

i have done literally no training before i went into the tank.

Dont know the exact temperature of the tank, but it was quite warm.

Thanks for all the support guys and gals, really helping me push on!

cheers:t

free dive

best way to train

Attachments

• how they dive.jpg
    how they dive.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 343
willsrn.. that might direct the blood flow into a wrong place and cause pre-dive-blackout...:D

freedive

hmmmm...........in theory yes but I never can get deep enough to find out. Maybe I need to hold my breath longer?

nope this is me, if that were me I would marry myself and live happily ever after

Attachments

• me when i got sinusitis once.jpg
    me when i got sinusitis once.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 252
Originally posted by margery0007
and by the end of the day i was consistantly reaching the base, -30m! But above all that i increased by static time to 2:07,

30m with only a 2 min static? Hell, if your a newbie, the dive itself must have taken nearly that long. I'll bet you have an eeeeasy 3 min static in ya. Try again ;).

Ted

willsrn....

"nope this is me, if that were me I would marry myself and live happily ever after"--willsrn

---Whose going to clean the tea off my monitor?!rofl

This is enough to put me off linguini for awhile. :yack

Wonder if the guy in the picture has any sinuses left... is that called snake equalization technique?? New style?
Looks quite painful...:p

Re: Re: first freedive dive

Originally posted by unirdna
30m with only a 2 min static? Hell, if your a newbie, the dive itself must have taken nearly that long. I'll bet you have an eeeeasy 3 min static in ya. Try again ;).

Ted

umm, i think the total dive time was just on 2 minutes, or slightly under- i was told it was quite fast. I am trying to get my statics up to around the 3 minute mark, but am not quite sure how to train to get the goals? ne ideas?

that ish is disgusting willsrn, i bet he can do circular breathing without a problem!!

nick

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT