• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First hello

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

medeno5

Dec 3, 2005
Hi to everyone
I am 41 year old and I am an "old" swimer but all my life enjoy in spearfishing and freediving. From this year I practice for about 3 times in week swiming, dinamic and static. I started recreationaly but as my results grow I asking myself if I am too old for competition (of course I would do medical exam and beside that I take very small medicament for high presure???)
When I said competition I meant on STA,DNF and DYF disciplines and I think that I' ll never try in CW because I don't want to waste all my enjoy in one deep dive.
Am I wrong??? Thank for all your answers :wave

Hi medeno5, welcome aboard!

I don't think you are too old for competition, there are many people older than you who get very good results.

It's worth trying CW, maybe you'll enjoy it.

Lucia

Hello Medeno5
Welcome to forum mate.
I am 44 years old also but not an old swimmer :) .
Can you please give some info on your PB's
Aydın

Hi Medeno5
Welcome to DB and i'm also older at 42 so there is hope for us "older ones"

Peter.

41? Old? Balony!! I was a spearo before you were born and keep diving deeper and longer than ever before. Of Course you aren't too old. Bill's 65(66?) and does in excess of 60 meters free immersion. OK, so it hurts a little more than it did at 25 and takes better technique, its still a lot better than the alternative.

Hows that for an old farts rant.

Almost forgot, Welcome to the forum. Glad to have some more "well seasoned" divers. You will find stuff here that will do amazing things for your diving. Have fun.

Connor

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
Thanks for nice words,
when I said that I'll never try CW it's only because I am one month in summer on sea and when I adapt I have to come back :waterwork . I am spearfishing about 15-20 meters deep but never try to go deeper because I can't in my dives find a friend (I have a friends but not for serious freediving) with trust. When I dive on 20 meter he spearo fishes in shalow water :duh
My PB STA 4'35'' DNF60m and DYF80m. For me I am satisfied, enjoy and don't look too much on results. By the way competition is in February so I have time to prepare :)
Bye to everyone :wave

Reactions: naiad
Hi, welcome to DB!

I encourage you to participate on competitions, they have very special atmosphere!
You are of course welcome to our competition also (MAN III, late March), freedivers from SCG were competiting on our previous competition, so you would not be the only one from your country. :)

Jee

medeno5 said:
Hi to everyone
I am 41 year old and I am an "old" swimer but all my life enjoy in spearfishing and freediving. From this year I practice for about 3 times in week swiming, dinamic and static. I started recreationaly but as my results grow I asking myself if I am too old for competition (of course I would do medical exam and beside that I take very small medicament for high presure???)
When I said competition I meant on STA,DNF and DYF disciplines and I think that I' ll never try in CW because I don't want to waste all my enjoy in one deep dive.
Am I wrong??? Thank for all your answers :wave

too old?? never... read this....
(and welcome ;) )
http://www.hanahou.com/depthcharge.html

some of the world champions started very late in life... ;)

What is MAN III, where and what disciplines?
Island Sands thank you for beautiful link :wave

Hi, MAN III is the III. Hungarian Apnea Day (III. Magyar Apnea Nap). It will be in Budapest at the end of March, disciplines will be DNF, STA and DYF. We would like to make it the way, the Slovenian organization do: first evening DNF, the next day: STA and then DYF. It will be on the weekend, still we don't have exact date.

jewelee said:
engllish please
If you don't know these:
DNF - dynamic apnea with no fins
DYF - dynamic apnea with fins
STA - static apnea.

no way are we old , I am a very young 49 and I put that down to diving . Why because not only we keep fit , and what a way to get away from the day to day going on in our life . but most of all we meet great buddies .
So your answer we are never to old lol

Reactions: island_sands
aqualady said:
no way are we old , I am a very young 49 and I put that down to diving . Why because not only we keep fit , and what a way to get away from the day to day going on in our life . but most of all we meet great buddies .
So your answer we are never to old lol

Welcome on Board Mate! :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT