• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Trip to Coz

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great work on the vids, Ted. I just bought a digital movie camera and can really appreciate the work that went into the editing and music in your vids.
Jim

Originally posted by unirdna
Thanks for the congrats and attaboys.

Re: the vid hosting. I joined 'ibackup' on a trial basis. But I think I'll stick with em after the 30 days run out. For $3.00 a month, I can host any files I want....and as far as I know, there is no bandwidth restrictions. I'll probably throw the Sports Illustrated 'Deadly Dive' article on it soon (so I don't have to send out 1/2 dozen emails each Monday morn at work ;) ).

Umm... I haven't been following all the forum chatter very closely lately.. but have you put the article up yet? :confused:

hi

Wow 100ft it sure doesn't seem that deep with the crystal clear water amazing. I was showing some of my mates the clip and they couldn't believe how long you are down there for top stuff :cool:

cheers

Ps im downloading the first one now

TED,

You rock baby!:cool:

That is an awesome video, Spike Lee's got nothing on you.;)

jon

That is going to be a classic! Henceforth it will be known as "Ted's Classic" :D So funny! I really enjoyed it.

Adrian

Did you do that with the 5050? I am getting really psyched to get my video housing. Keep 'em coming Ted, excellent work.
Jim

amazing...... Can't say much else.

I guess the ice is never too thick, it's just if one has the nutz:D .

It was all shot using our Olympus 5050's in PT-015 housings.

I have the dome port and Ted has just the normal lens. We would hand cameras back and forth during the day. You can tell the difference if you look closely at the clips. Some of the shots, like Ted at the bottom of the rope, were shot on rapid-fire mode.

As far as putting it together with the Beasty-Boyz sound tract, that you'll have to ask Ted about- I believe it was done on Movie maker.

Jon

:D

Thanks guys. Honestly, that was the 'dirtiest' video I ever slopped together. I was so desperate for footage that I was forced to show you all a 10 sec clip of Jon doing a breathup :eek:.

I'm getting so efficient at 'producing' these things, that I'll probably make one each time we do diving. Actually, since you guys seem so keen on this amateur stuff, I might make one from last summer Lake Wazee footage. That would be a nice intro to Jon and Fred's 'Freedivabajeebo' festival.

Look for it at that thread in a few hours (gotta eat dinner and smooch the mrs first)

Ted

Many thanks Ted. Have just downloaded it and will read it in min. Also downloaded your ice diving video earlier. Awesome stuff. :)

Only question.. what wacky stuff will you produce next? :D

Anyway, it has been highly enjoyable reading your posts. Also inspiring to see someone else living in winterland. :) Keep it up!

Only question.. what wacky stuff will you produce next?

We've been talking about a spearfishing film at the 'outlet'- just for Sven.:D

Jon

Think about spearing those three-eye fish on The Simpson's, and then catching it on video.:cool:

Jon

coz video

Hi Ted,

Finally got a new computer, capable of handling video, accessed the site for the video and it says no more down loads available, I'm bummed. Is there any other way to get it?

Thanks

Connor

Here ya go, Connor. All recharged. That's the downside to my host, but for 3 bucks a month, I can't beat the price. The thread slows down....but apparently, the downloading keeps on chuggin' ;).

Coz: Vid 1
https://www.ibackup.com/qmanager/servlet/share?key=29397422964098463uuuuuuu

Coz: Vid 2
https://www.ibackup.com/qmanager/servlet/share?key=40263110720749606uuuuuuu

Lake Wazee, WI, Aug 2003
https://www.ibackup.com/qmanager/servlet/share?key=38367345523319996uuuuuuu

Ice Dive, WI, Jan 2004
https://www.ibackup.com/qmanager/servlet/share?key=36225973998098937uuuuuuu

*oh yeah, password = 'deeperblue'

Ted,

Is that typical viz where your at? Nice vid's!!! Alot of fun to watch.

Keep it up, just about to order a 6.5mm OMER suit so I can handle the cold. I plan on making it up your way when I end up in Iowa or well have to hit up Nebraska (very open to spearfishing:D !!!)

Talk to you later,
Justin.

PS Ill send you a pick of my gun when its finished.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT