• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

First Yellowfin Tuna of the seaso arrive Cape Verde

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Feb 20, 2018
Hi Everyone!

We have some good fishing lately with our boat getting the first yellowfin of the season here in sunny Cape Verde. There are also quite a few wahoo around.

The water is about 22c at the moment and not too bad at all. Visibility is pretty varied depending where you go but the best is up to a fantastic 40m.

Mostly I have been teaching novices this last few weeks and so far everyone ended up catching something :)

If you would like to come with us sometime let me know :)

IMG_0388.jpg

Hi Capeverdespearfisher,
I'm very interested. Do you run a charter operation? How far offshore do you have to go for tuna?

Hi Capeverdespearfisher,
I'm very interested. Do you run a charter operation? How far offshore do you have to go for tuna?
Hey there! Yes we do, we have a lovely boat here which is suitable for conditions far offshore. We can take up to four divers.
The best Tuna grounds are approx 2 1/2 hours away from the home port, but here we can stay over and sleep on the boat to do several days of intense action without returning to port :) Best is to email me to discuss in detail :) Imperialfishing2017@gmail.com

Thanks. I'm not interested in hiring a charter. I wanted to know if it was possible to get tuna not too far from land (say less than 10 miles).

Hi! Yes its absolutely possible here to get a tuna here only 500m from land. Let us know if you would like to charter sometime. All the best.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT