• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

fish outa water

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rubberduck

Mar 12, 2008
Hi,to all members out there. My personal profile; 62yrs young ..male 5ft6''tall..keen hook line and sinker man, looking for a new interest..so there will be times when i,ll be looking to you fellas and gals to educate this old dog into a new sport.Hope to be involved in your disscussions in the future

cheers from the old duck
:crutch

Welcome to Deeperblue! Your never too old to get into this sport. You'll find the "search" button at the top very useful.

Welcome to Db from another old duck.

The sweet secret in this sport, "You get better with age"

Connor

Last edited:
Thanks cobber for your encouraging words.I think my first step is to get some first hand tutoring from a professional source,which is reasonable close to my home town [Sussex inlet] NSW AUSTRALIA THEN I,ll put into PRACTICE what I,ve be taught........:crutch
CHEERS .... RUBBERDUCK

Cheers, we have some great spearos/freedivers here who are over 60 and teach the rest of us tons!

G'day mate, welcome to DeeperBlue. That's a lovely part of the world you live in! I was from the mid north coast myself, though I find myself in grey London these days.

Have a cruise around the forums for any info you need, there's tons here.

And the guys are right - for some reason you breath hold seems to get better with age, and there are some awesome spearo's floating around who are hovering around retirement age. Better than gardening!

Cheers,
Ben

HI ,YA THERE BEN.
SOME OF US HAVE TO LIVE IN THE GLOOMIER PARTS OF WORLD TO REMIND THE REST OF US HOW LUCKY WE ARE, ...PUTTING ALL JOKES ASIDE THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT
RUBBERDUCK :crutch

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT