• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fishing During Lockdown

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Bravo! Let's try hard to take this newly learned skill into the post-lockdown times when they will finally arrive again.

I'm doing garbage runs here as well, but for me that does include lionfish, even though with that I break the law.

I think it would be good if the government would exclude the culling of invasive species now and during May. One month of focussed hunting could seriously dent populations of lionfish and others. But how to include the hook and line fisherman in this...

Last edited:
Reactions: Johny Depth
Done the cleaning on occasions .Although this year less rubbish fewer tourists as well as locals on beach .In the past ive found some things and one of them i cannot mention,If rubbish was money bank notes the waters would be cleaner.Thank you for the video .we always learn from one another! that beats ignorance

Reactions: Leander
Sorry ! lukas b7.I like to keep the discourse clean ,Please dont ask me on that iteam that i located in the sea,.I have found fishing rods, Knifes economical masks ,goggles,spear shafts bad and good.economical spear guns in a bad state.hard wood from wrecks many other iteams that forgoton through time.I know one italian who learned to spear fish in south Africa 40 years ago.He say very beuatifull place, Big fish very colour full,.Hope your not in lock down.Or as bored as the rest of us

Reactions: LukasB7
Sorry ! lukas b7.I like to keep the discourse clean ,Please dont ask me on that iteam that i located in the sea,.I have found fishing rods, Knifes economical masks ,goggles,spear shafts bad and good.economical spear guns in a bad state.hard wood from wrecks many other iteams that forgoton through time.I know one italian who learned to spear fish in south Africa 40 years ago.He say very beuatifull place, Big fish very colour full,.Hope your not in lock down.Or as bored as the rest of us
Fair enough, won't let you cross your line :)

Yeah, South Africa has a great coast line :love: And Cape Town is my favourite city. Some great spearos here too, I am unfortunately not even at the bottom of the list, mostly I just catch rock lobster when it's in season and recently started scuba again, with the benefit of slowing things down underwater. So I have recently seen things I have not seen before.

They have eased lock down restrictions to the lowest level, so all sport diving is permitted, we are thankful because summer has also started.

The part of the Italian coast I have experienced (French border to top of Cinqeterra (spelling)) was great, never had the chance to get in the water though as it was a bit of a work/travel arrangement.

We too here have seen a new invasive crabs from the hudson bay area found Their way here spiked on left and right on side of shell long with blue colours .some lost species of fish have turned up here! cuttle fish in winter more great whites than normal Searching to eat the new born blue sharks down past Ancona in late september.The refugges that perish on the libiya crossing become a food source horrible but true,We and the fish seem to be adapting to the changes of said global warming.Turtles have had a hard time here also due to water traffic and netting.Lobster not found here my only esperience with lobster was in scotland !great to eat a parfume with good flavour when cooked .,You were near to Genova good place to fish even with a cane hook and fly larve. Italy true travelling difficuilt buses very few,Trains ok

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT