• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Foget Sharks Look at This!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ihab

Red Sea Diver
Aug 20, 2006
To all who would like to spearfish in the Amazon...here are a few tips

DON'T.......Nothing but Teeth & a Digestive Track

Cheers,
Ihab

Last edited:
I would rather dive shark infested waters. The Amazon - no thanks

OUCH!tigerfish alright,its arguably the hardest fighting fish pound for pound in the world there mainly found in africa,they have a saliva gland to produce an anticoagulant so you bleed like a stuck pig for a week,its so they can track bleeding fish go to the gym for a few weeks if you want to go fishing for them,good luck your gonna need it:martial:crutch

dont worry it eats plankton, or the more classic, its looks a lot meaner than it really is rofl rofl rofl

ahhh idnt it cute, kinda looks like a girl i once dated..... come to think of it she looked worse than that in the morning! hahahahah

Tiger fish? I thought so at first, but damn, that is one ugly fish!

k celebrity deathmatch.. whats your vote?

Montauk monster vs tiger fish!!!:martial:martial

just a small observation:
AMAZON is not the same as AFRICA

and as far as that being some girl u dated: DAMN! ouch just thinking about it makes my ding-dong hurt rofl

Hiya

That is no ordinary Tigerfish!! They're known as Goliath Tigerfish, Hydrocynus goliath and can grow to 50kg's whilst the normal Tigerfish, Hydrocynus vittatus grows to 20 odd kg's.

They're one of AFRICA'S best freshwater game fish!! They have very hard bony jaws, which makes it very difficult for anglers to set their hooks in its mouth, they display spectacular aerial acrobatics, which often throws the lure/hook from its mouth, with anglers often having a 6:1 ratio, with only one fish being landed for every 6 fish hooked!

Those goliath tigerfish are very rare and anglers spend lots of money looking for them in very remote area's in Africa.

Just some trivial info........ blackeye

Can you eat them ?

On the other side of the atlantic, I've have heard about people eating piranhas.

*-sorry for the hijack-*
Miles: hows the Tuna? you leaving some of the buggers for us? its been a while since ive seen a fish of yours. c'mon man, we all miss your posts and reports, specially the ones that make you look like a small guy (no pun intended) rofl

Hey you arse, that was my sister!!!

hahaha she did say she had a brother into diving and being from canananananada does explain the strange accent.( coming form a Dane living in Australia... now thats a strange accent?)

as for the teeth it did keep things interesting in the bedroom.... you know what they say no pain no gain!

DD

Last edited:
It's images like that that make me glad I left africa. I'd be needing a new wetsuit if I survived an encounter with that thing! :blackeye

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…