• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale - Weight molds

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lpojibwa

The Mould Man
Jun 28, 2006
Large selection of weight moulds available. Some of the moulds were specifically designed for the freediver. Have a look at the attached photo and write to me for pricing.

Attachments

• 2010M.jpg
    2010M.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 202
i have number 26 and its perfect for freediving. no commercial relationship, just a happy customer.

Hi:
The cost of the moulds for #26 and 27 is $48.40 and $53.90 U.S. respectively. These prices are as of Nov. 13, 2011 and are subject to change without notice. They each come with one appropriately sized insert to form the belt slot. However, I strongly recommend having additional inserts if you intend on pouring more than just one or two weights. Additional inserts speed up the pouring of weights as you can pour as many weight in succession as you have inserts before stopping to remove the inserts from the poured weights. They are easy to make if you have a source for 3/16" X 2" stainless steel flat bar and the means to cut it. I do sell them at $4.95 and $7.15 respectively and can sometimes ship a few at no additional shipping or handling.
The cost of shipping and handling varies with your location on the planet. I do ship world wide and accept check, cash, money order or PayPal.
Thanks for the question

On weight #26, what's the best way to remove the insert once the lead has cooled down?
Hi:
The insert dimensions, looking at the exposed edge, is 2" x 3/16" so I have made a drift out of 1-1/2" x 1/8" steel about 4" long. I place the weight, on its side, over a vice that has its jaws open just enough to allow the insert that is protruding from the weight's side to set comfortably on the vice. I first hammer the insert, that protrudes at the top, flush with the weight then I use my drift to hammer (i.e. push) it the rest of the way. The whole operation should not take more than one minute for one weight. If you have five weight, the whole operation should not take than three minutes.
I have another way, but you would have to fabricate a fixture using a vice with a 4" jaw opening. The device is described in the instructions I send along with each mould. For weight #27, you would have to have a vice with a 5" jaw opening. Once you see the fixture, it would be possible to use a 3" vice, but you would have to have access to welding equipment. I try to use things that most handymen would have access to.
The hammer drift method may result in a bit of an upset of the insert's edge so you may have to periodically grind the edges.
Thanks for asking the question.
Leo

Last edited:
I use a heavy piece of wood with a rectangular hole in it. I place the weight with the insert over the hole, squirt a drop of oil on the insert and hammer it through with a slightly smaller piece of rectangular bar.

I use a heavy piece of wood with a rectangular hole in it. I place the weight with the insert over the hole, squirt a drop of oil on the insert and hammer it through with a slightly smaller piece of rectangular bar.
That will work. Pretty much the same as I have described using a vice.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT