• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Force Fins and "Power Fins"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Basco, I wonder what kind of Carbon monofin you are using ?
You seem satisfied with it.

Magne

Thanks
You see I`m in the market for a monofin, but I`m having a problem to decide what kind/brand I`m going to buy.

Magne

Okay. I've made 43 meter dives quite easily with it. I would recommend it, even though it takes a while to get it from mat-mas.

Atomic

I tried my new Atomic Aquatics splitfins this weekend, and they were fantastic. My previous experience was with paddle fins, which made my feet swell up. The Atomics are longer than most splitfins. They didn't make me feel barefoot, and they were much easier to use than paddle fins. I was actually able to accelerate faster with the Atomics, and no foot problems! Stops and sudden turns were much easier, and my air consumption was reduced by more than half. I paid a pretty penny for them, but they're worth it. My thoughts on the subject...:D

Have a nice day,

BatRay

Well I have a pair of the scubapro splitfin, I had them for 4 years now and I have to say for scuba they are excellent. They are negatively buoyant which is great for people like me who have rather positively buoyant feet !!
No more ankle weight :p
I took me a few dive to understand the way to kick efficientely with a split fin design nice and slow, going like a mad man won't take you anywhere...
As far as Freediving go,it will be interested to have a long blade with some sort of fishtail....:confused:
Live good and dive well...
Niko

My girlfriend and dive buddy has Scubapro split fins. I have Cressi Frogs and Space Frogs because I like them.

Underwater there is not much noticeable difference in performance according to her. However, on the surface the performance of her fins is absolutely fantastic. Put it this way, I would not race her. I am the bigger and stronger and faster in the water on that we are both agreed except on the surface when she's got her split fins on. If I were on the surface with a long surface swin I'd want the Scubapro split fins - I've been convinced. I can't speak for any other split fins though

However, I still love my frogs - simple but effective.

:duh

Don't buy these fins although they are decent. I was told wrong size to order and straps snapped. Customer service (Bob the owner and his wife Suzanne) is horrible. Very difficult to reach and they are emotionally unstable. One minute, they are happy and trying to help you. The next minute, they are upset at you even though there was no new conversation. They don't keep their promises. They gave me a free hat and sticker and acted like it was the greatest gift ever and I should bow down to them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT