• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Free Cressi Freediver Fins (Brand New)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adiel Davidesco

Jan 7, 2008
Hi,

I used to live near San Diego wehere I have done a lot of free diving and spear fishing.

I now live in Toronto, Canada. There is no free diving here and spear guns are illegal in Canada.

Just before I left San Diego I bought a pair of Cressi Gara 2000 Free Diving Fins, size 13. Because I moved, I never had a chance to use them. They are brand new and I would like to give them to whoever wants them. I do not want any money for them, but am not willing to also pay for the delivery. So if you know someone in Toronto who may pick them up for you or you are prepared to pay for the shipping fee yourself, I will be glad to send them to you. For more details you may contact me directly:
adi@betterlabour.com

Your offer is generous and someone will certainly give you a shout.
But while we're at it, are you sure about spearguns being illegal? There are many canadian spearos on this forum, either from coastal ocean regions and great lakes, and they do carry spearguns...

Regarding the question about are spearguns illegal in Canada, I am not a lawyer and have never checked it out properly. I was told that by some friends who live here when i thought I may try some summertime spearfishing in the lakes here.

I still have a nice speargun and hope that maybe it is leagl. If so, let me know. THANKS

PS - I will also make it a point to call the local police to find out for real.

Adi

Toronto has a pretty active freediving community from what I understand- having dove with at least one of their members in the past. Here's their website: Freedive Toronto - dedicated to the development of Freediving in Toronto and Southern Ontario

There is a lot of really nice diving very close to there. Tobermorey is one of my favorite places to dive, free and scuba, and it's not a very far drive from there- at least it's closer than Wisconsin.rofl

I would hold onto your gear, even your speargun, as I bet there's more opportunities to dive than you realize.

Jon

Thanks but I am essentially aan underwater hunter so I will only do it in the ocean and there isn't any near Toronto.

Adi

Spearfishing is illegal in Ontario- a ridiculous law. In the rest of Canada (west of you anyway) it is legal, in varying degrees. In Saskatchewan for example, a spearo can take the same as any angler.
To the south of you are some very active American freshwater spearos, and there are some champion spearos in Quebec!
Cheers, whatever you do.

erik, how about the bay of fundy in the south east...new brunswick, any good action there around saint john ?

I've never been there siddiqi, but it is apparently great diving. I've never even spoken to a spearo who's hunted out there! It's a loooong way from here though.

Reactions: Marwan
cheers Erik, i looked it up on google, they said that many sharks frequent the bay including tigers and GWS...

Hi Erik,

Thank you for letting me know that spear fishing is illegal only in Ontario.
Living in Toronto makes it hard to take a spear gun even on holidays down south because it is a hassle when you return. FYI - I am going to the Bahamas tomorrow for a few days but am not taking my spear gun.

Warm regards,

Adi

Any chance these fins are still available? email link is not valid....I know , old post but I didnt see anyone take you up on your generous offer
Paul

Hello & welcome on db ur offer is very generous!!!

Thanks, I am sorry my first reply is looking for a handout but google brought me here and regardless I'm glad I found it. Look forward to diving into the forum:)
Were headed to Cayo Largo end of feb 2011....looking forward to some freediving with my son & snorkelling with the girls! Love the water above & below, actually even love the frozen sort :)
Paul

I was booked up to go to Cayo Largo about 10 years back but the island was devastated by a hurricane a week before our departure date & the holiday was cancelled.
Cayo Largo looked fantastic but, I think it lost 80% of its palms durring the storm!

I was booked up to go to Cayo Largo about 10 years back but the island was devastated by a hurricane a week before our departure date & the holiday was cancelled.
Cayo Largo looked fantastic but, I think it lost 80% of its palms durring the storm!
Thanks for the warning Fox. I have friends who went the year after, discounted , the beach at the resort was gone but Playa sirenna was still there & they said the coral is way more colourful than off cayo coco where we went last year. Pictures now look like the beaches have been restored & hopefully , likely the reef has recovered. Recent pictures look good!

When I looked into the holiday, it seemed our Italian friends had already discovered the island & its fantastic shore & reef fishing.
I was directed to some Italian sites that showed the most amazing fish that had been caught!
Please keep us informed about how your holiday goes :)

Erik, in Ontario? Could you find out any details?

This was discussed in the last few years here, and someone had spoken to the Ministry. Apparently you can spearfish if you are 30 metres away from land and there is no specific rule against it for the lake you want to hunt in.

I'd get it in writing or take a name/badge# before I went in though. Park Officers/Wardens/Cops don't necessarily know every law in the book.

Cheers,
Erik

This was discussed in the last few years here, and someone had spoken to the Ministry. Apparently you can spearfish if you are 30 metres away from land and there is no specific rule against it for the lake you want to hunt in.

I'd get it in writing or take a name/badge# before I went in though. Park Officers/Wardens/Cops don't necessarily know every law in the book.

Cheers,
Erik
Got this from my friend Devin - thanks Dev!
Read very carefully
Recreational Fishing Regulations 2011
[FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]Pg 5 under
"GENERAL PROHIBITIONS – IT IS ILLEGAL TO:"
Possess a spring gaff, snagger or spear gun within 30 m (98 ft.) of [FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]any waters. A spring gaff includes any spring loaded device which sets the hook for an angler. No person shall take fish with a gaff, snare, snagger or spear gun. A gaff, other than a spring gaff, may be used to assist in landing fish caught by lawful means.
[/FONT][/FONT]
• Take fish by any means other than angling, spear, bow and arrow, [FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]net or bait fish trap.
[/FONT][/FONT]
• Possess a spear for the purpose of fishing on or within 30 m (98 ft.) [FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]of the edge of any waters except when fishing in accordance with the regulations (see Non-angling Methods, page 11).[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]pg 11
"Spears [FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]cannot be possessed on or within 30 m (98 ft.) of the edge of any waterbody except when fishing for carp and white sucker as described on this page. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Univers LT Std 47 Cn Lt,Univers LT Std 47 Cn Lt][FONT=Univers LT Std 47 Cn Lt,Univers LT Std 47 Cn Lt]Northern pike spearing is not allowed[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]."[/FONT][/FONT]

I would say unless you are looking for carp or white sucker(garbage fish imho) in specific waters, leave your spear gun at home
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn][FONT=Univers LT Std 57 Cn,Univers LT Std 57 Cn]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT