• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

free willie , keiko is dead

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eios

Dec 13, 2003
The 26 y.o. killerwhale Keiko died today in Taknesfjorden in Norway, He died from natural causes.
:waterwork

Sad indeed

But hey, what the h### makes people bury a whale on dry land :head just wondering.

Joe

How come he died in Norway? Wasn't he an american whale? Or did they really free him?

I never saw the movie.

That's because the U.S. based Free Willy Keiko Foundation doesn't want its chief commodity disappear without a trace. There's money making opportunity in it too..."Visit the grave where Keiko is buried..."

Sorry if I sound a little jaded...:(

Peter S.

I guess the idea of burying him on land would allow them to dig up his bones at a later date and put them on display in a museum.

Jon

Originally posted by Longfins
Sorry if I sound a little jaded...:(

Gee, youre not one of those people who thinks that the millions of dollars wasted on a single futile gesture would have been better spent funding research or enviromental initiatives?

Common sense got to you too eh?;)

Hey guys

Yesterday i read in a Danish newspaper that the Keiko foundation wanted Keiko on land to avoid "whale pirates" cutting him into pieces and selling him as collectables :hmm yeah right BLOOD SUCKERS :naughty

Apparently the attached img, shows Keikos final resting place.

Joe

HHmm

And why did i not attech that image!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• keiko.jpg
    keiko.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 404
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT