• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive-a-palooza 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be attending the FREEDIVE-A-PALOOZA 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
WHEN: July 27, 28, 29 2012

WHERE: LAKE WAZEE, BLACK RIVER FALLS-WI

WHO: All Freedivers, Anyone interested in Freediving.

WHAT TO EXPECT: FUN, FREEDIVING, SPEARFISHING, CAMPING, TRUE STORIES, Not so TRUE STORIES, FOOD, LEARNING, GEAR.

I have campsite #9 #11 reserved, It can hold 6 Tents. Everyone is responsible for bringing their own Food and Beverages. There is also Hotels near by if Camping isn't your 'thang'. There are also restaurants.

Wazee is a very DEEP and CLEAR LAKE. 355 ft deep with an average vis of 28'. It's not loaded with fish, but they do exists. There are fish cribs, Underwater Forests, Cliffs, Platforms, Lines set up (25', 60', 70', 80'), Sunken Boats and other items. For beginners: You will learn about safety and if you want to dive with other divers- this is the place to do it. There will also be all sorts of GEAR there to try.

There are other things to do at Wazee other than Dive (if your family doesn't think it sounds too fun). There are lots of Hiking/Bike Trails, 18 hole Disc Golf, Nice Beach. I am undecided if I am bringing my kids. Last year didn't goes as I had planned in my head. I wasn't able to get in the water nearly as much as I wanted to.

friday.gif
JULY 28 & 29 - We are also looking at having F.I.I. there to put on a Level 1 course. SO, save your money NOW and plan on being there. It is a class worth every dime - just ask any of the guys who took it last year. Learn to double your breath hold in about 30mins. It will make you a better spearfisherman and could save your life!! If you have not taken a Freediving class - You Need TO! F.I.I. Freediving Instructors International - from the beginner to the instructor

We had an unusually large amount of Rain on Friday and early Saturday of the Palooza. The rest of the weekend was great (so, I heard) - July/August is usually fairly dry. If we do decide to have a Level 2 class there- those taking that class may have to be there on Thursday July 26. Just may want to plan ahead. The Level 1 Course is a for sure class to happen!

Save your money! I don't want to hear people use that excuse this time. It will be a great experience and a blast! Of course I will have my Fish to eat one of the nights. People seem to really love it.

What You Should Bring: All Dive Gear, Camping Gear, Food, Beverages, Cameras, Sense of Humor.

Attachments

• DSCN5388.jpg
    DSCN5388.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCN5405.jpg
    DSCN5405.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 295
  • PIC_0128.jpg
    PIC_0128.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 286
  • PIC_0159.jpg
    PIC_0159.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 287
  • PIC_0161.jpg
    PIC_0161.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video Scott. Is spearfishing now allowed?? Or I missed something in the pass?

Spearfishing is Allowed, just not a lot of large shootable fish. There are carp in there, but I've yet to see one. I've shot a few suckers in the past.

Will it be the same instructors as last year?

Not sure. It will either be Mark Lozano or Brett Scaglione

They are also going to be offering a LEVEL 1 - Instructor Course (complete) starting in Sept 8th - 17th.

I am in for the level one class (even though it's the day after a 20 day field training exercise with the National Guard). When do we need to reserve our spot?

I am in for the level one class (even though it's the day after a 20 day field training exercise with the National Guard). When do we need to reserve our spot?

I'm not sure if there's going to be a cutoff. But if the class fills up, then that's it. Depending on if they have assistant instructors there (which I think they will) the class will hold 16 students. Just click on this link: F.I.I. Freediving Instructors International - from the beginner to the instructor

click on the Black River Falls, WI for July 28/29. Tell them Scott Otey Sent you.

Just click on this link: [URL="http://www.fiiheadquarters.com/?stranka=courses" said:
F.I.I. Freediving Instructors International - from the beginner to the instructor[/URL]

click on the Black River Falls, WI for July 28/29. Tell them Scott Otey Sent you.

Where do you put that Scott Otey sent you? The how did you hear about us slot has predetermined answers. Promo code maybe?

I plan on coming up with my GF (she's a non diver to date). I was in the level 1 class last year and it was well worth it, I also dove for a day with Martin, Niki, and Mark at the Kona camp this year... I'm by no means an expert and still need to get more comfortable in the water, so I'm looking forward to camping, eating, drinking, and diving with everyone.

Bad news guys, my best friend has planned his wedding for this weekend so I will no longer be making it. Have a great time, I'm planning on diving every Saturday so hit me up if you want to go out. I'm always looking for partners!

I plan on coming up with my GF (she's a non diver to date). I was in the level 1 class last year and it was well worth it, I also dove for a day with Martin, Niki, and Mark at the Kona camp this year... I'm by no means an expert and still need to get more comfortable in the water, so I'm looking forward to camping, eating, drinking, and diving with everyone.

Curious if anyone knows how the payment for the FII course is being done? I signed up for the course a little over a month ago and was expecting to receive instructions for payment but nothing has come thus far. Will it be cash on the day of the training?

Ken

They usually have you pay before hand via Paypal. Send me a PM with your full name and I can check with them or go to their website and send them an email. They should of sent you something right away.

Class is filling up fast, so If you haven't signed up yet, you need to soon! If you signed up and have not paid, you should to confirm your spot. I'd hate to see someone get bumped because they didn't pay.

****ATTENTION LEVEL 1 GRADS*****
If you are interested in taking a Level 2 after the Palooza (July 30, 31 August 1,2) - let me know. We would only need 2 people to sign up as the Instructor coming this year is also a Level 2 Instructor and since he is already in the area, will only require 2 to sign up. It's a 4 Day Class and cost more. Check it out on their website. If I get 2 people interested, I will contact F.I.I. and have them post a Level 2 also. This is pretty cool opportunity!

Anyone signed up or looking at signing up for the class at the Palooza should do so soon. If you have signed up and haven't paid, you should do so soon. The class is near max cap, so if you have signed up and eventually don't pay and back out. You may of blocked someone else from taking the class.

If you are considering taking the class - Don't hesitate, sign up and confirm your spot, before they're gone.

Also, I have campsite 9 & 11 Reserved from Thursday through Monday morning. These are the best sites and easy access to the water!!!

Last edited:
if you have campsite 9 and 11 reserved, can any of us use them or are they not that big. Also would you want any help paying for them?

if you have campsite 9 and 11 reserved, can any of us use them or are they not that big. Also would you want any help paying for them?

11 other tents can stay on those sites! Don't have to pay - you can just pay me if you want. 9 & 11 are right next to each other to make 1 HUGE campsite. And those sites are walking distance to the water.

When you go to get a park pass for your vehicle they may try to get you to pay for camping again, But DONT! I paid for the sites and it allows 6 tents per site. you are part of my group. Don't pay!

How can I save my spot in the class? I've registered but no prompt to pay so far. I could put $100 down anytime.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT