• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive training buddy required

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

billybob@tesco.

Sep 2, 2005
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a freediving buddy to train with, I live in Walsall, near Birmingham in the UK. I am attending a local dive club on Tuesday nights in a 33m long by 4.5m deep pool. Just looking for the safety of another freediver.

William

Hi William
Just had a look, Walsall is 40 miles away from me. So I could be interested if this was for long enough sessions. So what are your training hours?
And what is the cost per night?
Otherwise we are 2 to train in Leamington Spa on Wednesdays usually (Friday temporarily) from 8:30 to 9:40
You are welcome if you are interested

Hi Remi,
sorry for the delay in replying. I attend the pool sessions of a diving club in walsall. I have had to join the club as a swimmer approx £60 per year to use the pool but do not pay a weekly fee. This would seem a lot if you were only to attend once in a while. I will however check with the chair of the club if some more sensible arrangement could be made for a per session fee. The pool is excellent 4.5m deep, 33.3m long and very good water quality (crystal clear). I may be able to come over to your training sessions in leamington spa. I am a beginner and have only done dynamic, at approx 60m so far but had a very mild samba few weeks ago when tried to push it further, obviously had to drop back to 50m for training. Very unfit a moment due to back injury but trying to get fit again, hope that once fit will be able to clear 2 lengths of the pool I am using ie 66.6m with fins and clear 50m without fins, will then get on course at SETT tank to start to train for freedive.

Email me via this link and I will try to get over to leamington just after christmas.

William

Hi... I'm looking for someone to pool train with in Coventry or Leamington. (I work at Warwick Uni). Unfortunately my last freediving buddy moved away to live by the sea. Lucky sod.

In hope, Pete

William,

Are you still training in Walsall , I'm in Stafford so it's not to far to get across for a training session.

let me know the day and times if it still on.

david.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT