• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediver Open Classic??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lochmonster

Jul 17, 2002
Is anyone attending the freediver open classic in Cyprus, May 24th to June 1st 2003?? I am interested in going but fairly new to freediving and would just think it would be cool to hang out and freedive for a week.
It's 45 pounds to enter it and apparently open to anyone and to teams of up to 3 people. You do a static apnea and then a constant ballast. No limits on depth and they are using AIDA rules.
That is all the info I have right now and would love to have more, especially if other people in my area are going. I am in Brooklyn, NY.
As always any and all replies are welcome. I have found these forums to be a great resource.
Thanks all!

Lochmonster:

This is not related to your question, but I wanted to ask if you ever dove Dutch Springs quarry in PA. There are a small group (4) of us who dive it every weekend. I see you are only an hour and a half directly east of Nazareth PA. I've been making the 2 hour one-way almost every weekend since April. I do see a lot of NY license plates up there at the quarry.

Drop me a line if you want to dive with a great bunch of guys.
Jim

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…