• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers and Watches

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rikard

Aug 22, 2005
I made a list of freedivers sponsored by a watch company/associated to a watch company. Can someone help me correct it? This is what i found so far

Umberto Pelizzari - Sector
Pipin Ferreras - Seiko
Patric Musimu-Jaeger Lecoultre
Guillaume Nery-Ball
Ryuzo Shinomiya-Ball
Tanya Streeter- Tag Heuer
Herbert Nitch - Breitling
Pierre Frolla - Blancpain
Gianluca Genoni - Blancpain
Jaques Mayol - Omega

William Winram - I&MT :

SOJH® | Salon Online des Joailliers - des Horlogers

sorry for the multiple posts (and there are certainly still some more coming out). It interests me because I just did the research for the big freediving computers review, and when doing so I visited also websites of many luxury watch manufacturers. I'll be adding a very nice product of one of them soon - just waiting to get the manual or more detailed technical specifications.

I was talking to a friend that collects watches and i was talking about freedivers and watch brands and i realized i could name a lot of freedivers connected to brands. I think it´s interesting to see that there are so many

Umberto Pelizzari - Sector, Technomarine
Pipin Ferreras - Seiko
Patric Musimu-Jaeger Lecoultre
Guillaume Nery-Ball
Ryuzo Shinomiya-Ball
Tanya Streeter- Tag Heuer
Jaques Mayol - Omega
Sara Cambell _ Bremont
Stephane Mifsud - IWC
William Winram - I &MT
Carlos Coste- Oris
Fred Boyle - Riedenschild
William Trubridge- Suunto
(Martin Stepanek - Aeris)

Last edited:
I believe Jarmila Slovencikova was a Suunto Ambassador at a time too

I bought myself a Seiko SK007K2 dive watch for Christmas (retro 70s design:cool:) - but instead wore my trusty 10 year old 'water resistant' $12 Timex (with replacement real leather strap +£4, fitted) at the weekend. Like my inexpensive water-resistant Seiko 5's, it appears to be good up to around 10m.:) The modern leather appears little effected by sea or pool water. Keeps perfect time and has the 'Indiglo' feature - press the winder and the dial lights up blue:). A friend recently paid £250 to have one of his Rolex watches serviced (and they returned it will the dial slightly off-centre).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bingbing
I'm a huge watch addict and I think I need to get much better at freediving. I could most certainly be happy being an Omega or IWC ambassador. I need an IWC aquatimer.

Another two: Christian Redl and Omega (past sponsorship):

Freediving with Omega and Christian Redl | Replica Watches Online Store,Best Replica Watches

and recently it is the Edox Swiss Watches that sponsors Christian - it is noted on his Facebook profile.

And here comes the updated list including some more links:

Fred Buyle - Riedenschild
Sara Cambell - Bremont
Carlos Coste - Oris
Pipin Ferreras - Seiko
Jaques Mayol - Omega
Stephane Mifsud - IWC
Patric Musimu - Jaeger Lecoultre
Guillaume Nery - Ball
Umberto Pelizzari - [ame="http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=286415"]Sector[/ame], Technomarine
Christian Redl - Omega, Edox
Ryuzo Shinomiya - Ball
Jarmila Slovencikova - Suunto
Martin Stepanek - Aeris
Tanya Streeter - Tag Heuer
William Trubridge - Suunto
William Winram - I & MT

Sebastian Murat just disclosed his sponsor for the coming FRC No-Limits record - the Swiss watchmaker Maurice Lacroix : Maurice Lacroix - Accueil (official statement should appear on the website within a week).

Also Fred Sessa seems to be sponsored by Ball, though I did not find any official statement on their website. There is just a note about Ball in Fred's booklet listing projects for promoting sponsors, where in 2011 he participated at the Salon de Horlogerie Ball

The updated list of past and current known sponsors of freedivers among manufacturers of watches is below:

Fred Buyle - Riedenschild
Sara Cambell - Bremont
Carlos Coste - Oris
Pipin Ferreras - Seiko
Jaques Mayol - Omega
Stephane Mifsud - IWC
Sebastian Murat - Maurice Lacroix
Patric Musimu - Jaeger Lecoultre
Guillaume Nery - Ball
Ben Noble - Tendence Watches
Umberto Pelizzari - Sector, Technomarine
Christian Redl - Omega, Edox
Frédéric Sessa - Ball
Ryuzo Shinomiya - Ball
Jarmila Slovencikova - Suunto
Martin Stepanek - Aeris
Tanya Streeter - Tag Heuer
William Trubridge - Suunto
William Winram - I & MT

Last edited:
Ahhh and the most famous of all!

our very own BennyB has been sponsored for 2 years now by tendence watches!

DD

I'm surprised that Casio G-Shock doesn't sponsor a freediver, I would think they would want to advertise the capabilities of those watches for the people who don't want to pay thousands for a high end watch.

I bought myself a Seiko SK007K2 dive watch for Christmas (retro 70s design:cool:) - but instead wore my trusty 10 year old 'water resistant' $12 Timex (with replacement real leather strap +£4, fitted) at the weekend. Like my inexpensive water-resistant Seiko 5's, it appears to be good up to around 10m.:) The modern leather appears little effected by sea or pool water. Keeps perfect time and has the 'Indiglo' feature - press the winder and the dial lights up blue:). A friend recently paid £250 to have one of his Rolex watches serviced (and they returned it will the dial slightly off-centre).

I've been diving with my trusty TIMEX to 35m for more than half a year and it works fine :) Ironman WR100m

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT