• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers in Christchurch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
One of my students has just completed her AIDA ** course and she is moving out to Christchurch next week. She would like to hook up with any freedivers, gain experience, join a club if there is one, etc.

Anyone out there that I could put her in touch with? :wave

Yeah, no club in Chch per se, but Gav would definitely be the first port of call.

If they can get a few more people on board, they might start being able to have regular training sessions down there.

Guy

Reactions: island_sands
I live in christchurch and have been looking to train with someone for a while. Is your student in Christchurch yet?

I live in christchurch and have been looking to train with someone for a while. Is your student in Christchurch yet?

hello, not yet, she is in Thailand and will arrive in NZ around the 18/20th. She is dying to get back in the water and join up for some pool training. I'll send you her email addy by PM. :) Thanks Rod.

I also live in chch and free dive. Spearfishing etc. Would be good to get some sort of training club in place. The chch under water club seem to spend more time talking about club politics and their lawn mowers then actually diving.

Yo Roddy we should T up another dive - Would you be down for a trip to okiwi sometime for a scallop session?

I also live in chch and free dive. Spearfishing etc. Would be good to get some sort of training club in place. The chch under water club seem to spend more time talking about club politics and their lawn mowers then actually diving.

Yo Roddy we should T up another dive - Would you be down for a trip to okiwi sometime for a scallop session?

Paul - Roddy has their contact details.

Yeah, no club in Chch per se, but Gav would definitely be the first port of call.

If they can get a few more people on board, they might start being able to have regular training sessions down there.

Guy

Im also a student in chch. I would love to do some more freediving training but have no one to do it with, could i also please have this guy Gav's details? cheers!

I think Gavin is pretty removed from it all now, but it's nice to hear that there are groups of divers forming. Please get in touch with AIDA NZ www.aidnz.co.nz to be kept up to date with the national scene.

I (Deep South Freedivers) have got a training camp planned for Wanaka 14-26 Feb if anyone is keen to come and develop their skills. We'll be diving in the lake (currently 19 degrees on the surface) and the local pool and generally sharing knowledge in an absolutely stunning environment. I'm also offering courses, coaching and a general buddy service (if you're competent enough to safety me too) if anyone is keen to pop over.

Hello all,

Just moved to the Chch area, anyone keen to do some regular training??? pm me and we'll make a weekly plan.

Hi there!
I'm looking for a freediving/spearfishing partner in Christchurch? Just recently moved to area from Poland. Starting to dive deeper and longer.
I'm free on weekends and evenings.
maciek86maciek@gmail.com​

Cheers

There's a group of spearos that have started freedive training in Christchurch. I've put you in touch via email, so you should get a reply from them soon.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT