• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedivers in SARK GUERNSEY!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mozzi

Feb 4, 2004
Hi there!!

The person that posted the thread for a person in Guernsey doesnt seem to be alive...

So im looking for someone in SARK or Guernsey (Channel Isands)

Cheers
Mozzi

alive and kicking

Hey - just got stuck in Jersey overnight - alot of fog around - but alive and kicking now (just).
Anyway I'll PM you later - got to sort some stuff out.

Cool he is back..

Dont worry everyone he was just a little fogged..

But ill here form him soon.. depends on the fog :) :)

Have a great one all
Cheers

Mozzi

Anyone else looking to get started on the season ? Any more Guernsey / Sark freedivers out there ?

Mozzi,

We are out every weekend now doing deep pushes off my boat 'Chatty'.

There are four of us at Monday training sessions at Beau Sejour now. We meet at 20:30 each Monday.

The Guernsey Freediving Association has released a press release last week. We are having a media open day at Beau Sejour next week and expect that the Guernsey Press is sending a photgrapher along.

After the UK comp we will likely be bringing the boat over to Sark to do some diving around there. Your local knowledge would be appreciated!

For more information you can contact The GFA president Andre Barnes on dre_phreak@hotmail.com.

L8er!

g.

PS: portinfer - who are you? Are you in Guernsey?

Hi there ...

Hi .. .im confused now...

who is portinfer -----> Andre

who is gbo200 -----> George

How you guys doing.. well got my equipment.. I just need to get some weights.. for my belt..

Its been hectic on this side.. Ive only been in the water once..

Im not a local George so I dont know the water that well...

So how is the training coming on..

Well from the last email it sounded good.. have a good one.. but please as soon as you get to this part of the island please let me know.. cheers

Reinhardt
Mozzi

Who is who

Hi mozzi
phreak is me, Andre
gbo200 is george and you are mozzi
portinfer is a place i used to go surfing here in Guernsey
and it is also perhaps a secret freediver who, myself or george has never met.

But if he is real he is quite welcome to join us at any time to go diving or train

so Portinfer, if you are there get in touch.

Andre. (aka phreak)

Hi George and Andre

How is the training going.. I know I always ask this question but I like to hear on how you guys are improving..

When is the competition coming up...

are you still going to compete...

Well when you are in the SARK erea .. give me a shout as i would love to come and dive with you guys..

Have a good one cheers
Mozzi
PS. Just get permission from your wifes... :)

Hey everyone - yes I am a real person - I just don't read this that often !

But now that I have I'll get in touch and hopefully join in a training session or two. Can't make this Monday but I'll give you (Andre) a shout later to sort something out.

Take it easy - Ed

Mozzi,

AD is a person too but he only swims - (maybe the occasional spearfishing around Sark come to think of it).

What gear did you end up getting ?

I'm looking for some new long fins at the moment.

hi... i finally got all my gear..

I redid http://www.apnea.co.uk and they supplied me with some gear,..

I had the Imersion Perou 5mm Smooth Skin but i sended it back as it was a bit to small.. and way to hot..

So i settled with the Imersion Seriole 3mm Black Nylon

1x Imersion Seriole 3mm Black Nylon
1x Imersion Florida 3mm Booties
1x Imersion Aluminite Black full-foot freediving fins
1x Cressi SuperOchio freediving mask
1x And a rubber weight belt

Yea that is it... now I only have to dive....

Mozzi
If you are over in Guernsey for the day or whenever you can pick up lead weights at the Guernsey Dive Centre.

It is located opposite the model yacht pond on Castle Emplacement. The building is an old bunker and might not be obvious to you - but ask if you can't find it.

You can get lead weights that slot onto a belt and also I think lead shot for filling up other types of weight belts.

Not sure how often you come over but would be cheaper than going to the apnea shop in Jersey.

Good luck in the sea and stay safe - Ed

local freedivers

Ok now we are moving

So we have :

Andre
George
Marcel
Alex
Mozzi

and
Ed (portinfer)

All in guernsey and sark
So my mobile is
Guernsey mobile code ##### 126043
e-mail phreak@cwgsy.net

so get in touch and we can all get together and go diving.

(Preferably after the comp')

Just as an update channel tv have shown interest in a freedive feature.

Andre.

Hi Andre...

Maybe we should all meet for a weekend...

Maybe you can set a date.. after the comp.. (when is the comp??)
Then we can all meet up for the weekend and have a dive or two...

We are quite a few guys.. so we can have good fun.. and share some training secrets...

Have a good one all..

Cheers
Mozzi

Alright Mozzi
Did a bit of "training" with these guys last night - I think the comp is this weekend. It's the SaltFree UK event in Chepstow near Bristol.
I'm sure we'll all hook up after the weekend for some fun (think I'll be sticking to the shallows though !)
Ed

by the way did you sort out some weights ?

Hi all...

Good luck for the comp this weekend.. hope you are going to do well.,, I just hope the good weather keeps up...

And for the weights. ...(Portinfer) no I have not sort it out yet.. diving with out them at the moment,,.. but its such a hassle staying down.. hehehehe

And dont worry about sticking to the shallows as im also brand new to this and ill also join you there.. But all good things come with time..

We just hope these guys do good in the comp..

And hopefully we can have a dive after the comp..(the weekend after that)...

Cheers
Mozzi

PS. Thanks Donna for the information

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT