• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving and Dreaming - Do you swim in your dreams?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lungfish

Go and do it
Sep 5, 2004
Hi All,

In a chance conversation on another thread, several of us realized that we have some common aspects to our dream lives.

These commonalties include ocean and water themes, swimming as propulsion both in and out of the water(swimming in a "flying dream"), implied themes involving the sense of isolation at depth and the sense of isolation in space, fears expressed as sea creatures, challenges represented by diving deep in dangerous seas/situations, breathing underwater, etc....

I am very curious how many of you have dreams with similar themes.

or is it just a couple of us who are brain damaged from over-training....

Lungfish

I spearfish in my dreams and dream in my spearfishing, like flying in a blue dream.

Roberto

i spearfish in my dreams all the time... im a hell of a lot more accurate then too, you should see some of the shots ive done ;)

As I review the dream threads it seems we have struck a nerve. Very interesting how much in common we have in this regard...

The water always have good visability, water is comfortable warm when wearing suit and it is relaxing and easy to hold the breath in the dreams.

In my dreams, I am always in the Sea. I have dreamed the entire movie "Le Grand Bleu" with myself as Enzo...I'm sure a shrink would have a field day with that.

Nearly every night after a day I freedve or spearfish I will dream doing so when I go to sleep. Some times it is scary dreams that I wake up to but there are also times that I dream really peaceful and sweet dives in crystal clear waters leaving the surface well behind. This dreams are usually before the end of the winter break or after freediving sessions with not huge amount of dives. Almost never after spearfishing. Although I can recall a couple of times I did dream after spearfishing and wasn't a nightmare, but it wasn't a dive, it was like experiencing again the satisfaction of exploring and finding such beautiful and full of life spot.

Great topic, brought me great memories :)

I have dreamt of spearfishing many times. And always I stay down forever. But so comfortable, and like sickbugs said, i never miss. I've even done a rock bounce shot! Hilarious!!

Sometimes I dream of the shots that i've missed.. like the one episode I described in my report of the trip i made to inhaca. Frustrating to see that missed shot over and over again!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT