• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving and running watch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

v2time

Jul 18, 2019
other then the garmin descent is there any other watch that I can use for both freedivng and running?

Weird that Garmin beat suunto to this.
I mean, they had zero dive watches before this.
Suunto has done dive and run for ages and didn't come out with this yet?
Makes me wonder.

I have a Garmin Fenix 5 that I primarily use for running. I've also been using it for Freediving and it's been working great. I use this app:

It's perfect on my Fenix 5. It also works with some of the newer Garmin running watches like Forerunner 645 and 935.

Few things to keep in mind... (1) The app is not free but pretty cheap. (2) These Garmin running watches are technically not made for diving so you're running the risk of damaging the watch, especially if you dive deep. The Forerunners are rated for 5 ATM and Fenix 5's are rated for 10 ATM. I'm willing to risk it but you need to know the risks. (3) The app is of great help during the dive but if you want to review the data afterwards it's quite difficult (mostly because of #4). (4) You have to sideload the app because Garmin doesn't officially support Freediving apps in their store. The sideloading process is quite easy.

Reactions: arca_tern
I have a Garmin Fenix 5 that I primarily use for running. I've also been using it for Freediving and it's been working great. I use this app:

It's perfect on my Fenix 5. It also works with some of the newer Garmin running watches like Forerunner 645 and 935.

Few things to keep in mind... (1) The app is not free but pretty cheap. (2) These Garmin running watches are technically not made for diving so you're running the risk of damaging the watch, especially if you dive deep. The Forerunners are rated for 5 ATM and Fenix 5's are rated for 10 ATM. I'm willing to risk it but you need to know the risks. (3) The app is of great help during the dive but if you want to review the data afterwards it's quite difficult (mostly because of #4). (4) You have to sideload the app because Garmin doesn't officially support Freediving apps in their store. The sideloading process is quite easy.
Very interesting.
Where is the app getting the data (depth etc) from? The barometer in the watch? Have you done dives with the app-loaded Garmin vs a dedicated freedive watch?

I think it uses the altimiter. I have not compared it to a dedicated freedive watch but I've seen some videos of others who have (search youtube). I also dove with it in the pool a number of times and found it accurate.

Another surprising benefit is that even though you're underwater, the built in heartrate sensor works. This allows you to see your HR while you're doing your breathup. It helps.

I only mention the pool because you seem to be interested in accuracy. While diving in the pool I was able to compare the reported depths to actual pool depths and found them very close. I also dove with the app in the open water about 25 times (in the ocean, lake, quarry). It has met all of my needs. I'm not planning to upgrade to a dedicated freedive watch.

I also do a good amount of running with my Fenix 5. It has the same capabilities as the Forerunners plus some extras.

Well, personally, I wear TAG Heuer Aquaracer watches, but I've been looking for them for a long time on all best replica watches websites.

So, I want to continue my story about watches.. Well, since personally, I wear TAG Heuer Aquaracer watches, but I've been looking for them for a long time on all best replica watches websites. Just choosing the right watch for you depends on what you need it for. I'm not a diver myself, but I have a lot of diver friends, I know a lot about diving, but I can't do diving myself because of my health problems and that's why I wanted to buy a diving watch to look like I'm on the same wavelength with divers. I was just a little complexed because of this and so I took a replica, but I know that the original TAG watches are very good quality, I advise you to read about them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT