• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving and Spearfishing in Bali

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trevchee

Sep 13, 2009
I've just arrived and am making Bali my new home...still hunting down a teaching job at an international school and finding a place to live.

I really wanna meet the freediving and spearfishing community here. I've spoken to many dive shops and they don't know anyone out here.

I have met Toront from Sanur who runs my Darling boats but who else is out here?

feel free to suggest some good spots on the island or just gimme a ring/txt 081-936-17-9396

T

I've just arrived and am making Bali my new home...still hunting down a teaching job at an international school and finding a place to live.

I really wanna meet the freediving and spearfishing community here. I've spoken to many dive shops and they don't know anyone out here.

I have met Toront from Sanur who runs my Darling boats but who else is out here?

feel free to suggest some good spots on the island or just gimme a ring/txt 081-936-17-9396

T
Hi man, Merry Christmas and good luck with your new life in Bali.

I can tell you that there are not many people who practice that. I have met only Toron and another youg guy who did not speak English. Check out Andre's place he might be able to help you, or at leat you can have a look on his guns. The address is Menara tehnik. Jln. By pass Ngurah Rai-Suwung Kauh. From Simpang Siur 800m toward Sanur on left side. tel:08123811414.

Nikos

Im headed to Bali in 2 days to spend a couple of months there, I too have been trying to find frediving places and the only one I could find was in the Gili islands called Gili free or freedive Gili or something, check it out if you like. BUT I am also looking for a freediving buddy, I am AIDA*** and I have all the equipment that we would need to just do some fun freediving, float, ropes, lanyard etc so all we would need would be a boat or maybe just offshore, im not sure of the depths and conditions there. I havent found anywhere in Bali that does it at all but as long as you are certified and youre not a complete moron :) then I have everything we need already. I have never done spearfishing so youre on your own for that but if you just wanna freedive let me know, like i said I will be there in a few days and I will let you know when i get a phone number. My name is Melanie and I am from Canada

Hey Melanie!
So glad to hear from you . I posted this message so long ago and thought that no freedivers would ever come to Bali, lol. I've been looking for the perfect place to dive and I found it. It's in a small bay in Padang Bai, perfect sloping to about 22M and deeper. TOns of big fish and a also a big variety, warm water and little to no current. LET GET OUT THERE!

I know Mike, the guy running the Apnea-total freedive school on the Gilis...he's kind of a prick. When I was there, I wanted to chat or dive with another freediver and he just blew me off even though we both trained at the same school in Thailand. I don't suggest to bother meeting this guy, but you're cute so maybe he'll give you time of the day!

I"m eager to dive with a buddy and equipment, glad to see you have it all ready to go! So when are you arriving? When can we go out? Just give me a call or sms when you get here 081-936-17-9396. you can e-mail or find me on FaceBook at trevchee@gmail-add me.

I'm from Toronto, Canada too and will be living in Bali until June 2011...so I"ll be here for a bit. what brings you to bali anyways?

I just arrived today and its good to hear that theres places off shore to go. I am here to do my scuba instructor course so I will be here for a few months. I just need to get a tire inner tube for my float so I will loook for that in the next few days. I have some other stuff to do like get a sim a\card and go to my dive shop but I have 2 weeks to do whatever til I start so give me acouple of days and I will call you or email you. Is Trevchee your name? How old are you? (Im 30 and just nosey....lol) ok see you soon for some fun, cheers,
Melanie

Hi Mike here. The prick on Gili Trawangan. Suggest you take some time to come back over here and call me that to my face. Really cool talking about a fellow freediver like that on this forum!

Hi, Say Mike, are you in need of an invester / associate at your dive business? I recall that you were looking for instructors and such some time ago. Cheers Kerry.

Hi Kerry,
Still waiting for the freediving shop (and yoga studio behind) to finish being built at the moment. Probably complete by July. At present I am managing to finance the project myself so am not looking for other investors. That's not to say that I won't in the future though, just starting something small and seeing how it takes off. So at the moment there is just me here teaching, and I have a friend arriving this week who will be teaching the yoga and also helping with freediving (she's also a freediving instructor).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT