• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving and yoga in SE Asia?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Chris,

I have a Riffe's long freediving fins and a mantis riffe mask. Is this enough for training? i read from the website about fluid googles but havent tried using it.

Manny

Hi Manny,

The fins and the mask is okay. I have that same mask under the original brand name Aqa/Gull Mantis. Not so low volume though but the fit is perfect. I should have brought it when I took the lesson. The low volume mask I brought with me leaks so I had to borrow one from Wolfgang, a Superocchio type mask. Bring a snorkel as well.

Don't forget to bring a wetsuit. Preferably a freediving wetsuit. I'm using Spetton. Wolfgang once said to me "Only warm freedivers are good freedivers".

Maybe one of these days, we can dive and spearfish together.:friday

Cheers/Safe diving,

Chris,

Thanks a lot. I will bring my snorkel along with my mask. I have 2 types of wetsuits 3mm mares-full body and 0.5mm scubapro full body (both are no hoods). Maybe this is enough for beginner. What about weights? maybe i cant bring a lot due to airline restrictions.

I love reef spearfishing too, haven't tried bluewater hunting, i cant hold breath longer and cant stay deeper. Thats why i want to learn with the worlds best freediving instructor. Anyway where are you living in P.I.?

Manny

Hi Manny,

No need to bring weights. They have lead weights at the Club Serena dive shop (Aquaholics). If you have a rubber weight belt bring it with you.

I'm living in Davao City, P.I.

Cheers/Safe diving,

Chris,

Big thanks for your informative post. Im longing for a summer vacation in P.I. I have scuba buddy now living in GenSan, while my scuba instruction is from Davao. Hoping someday we will meet and have spearfishing adventure.

divesafely

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT