• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving buddy in Maryland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

volodya

Apr 18, 2003
Hi, I live in Maryland, DC area.
I am looking for freediving buddy for pool training and for diving in the ocean.
Also interested for any info about training/diving places around.
Thanks

I live in Easton, on the Eastern shore (1 hr. south of annapolis). Mostly freedive to get to fish and I'm pretty new. Let me know where you live and how deep you go.

Reactions: Shadowkiller
looking for diving buddy

Hi,
I am over 30 from Rockville, Maryland.
New to regular excercises in this sport.
Quite average diving abilities.

I am training and diving alone so far, so here are numbers:
75ft down in Sporasub Dessault, < 10 sec at the bottom (Caribbean this Spring)
3min dry static, 1 min while walking.
Pool: 50m dynamic no fins, 75m dolphin style w/regular fins.

For now I would like to start with PA lakes. Then will go to the Ocean, think about Indian River charters.
Looking for regular 20m+ with buddy.
Haven't thought about fishing yet.

Volodya

Reactions: Shadowkiller
I live in Ocean City, MD and freedive spearfish in MD, DE, and VA. One of clubs I dive with, organizes many trips in the mid Atlantic including NC. Another club I'm diving with, hosts regular spearfishing competitions at the Lewis, DE breakwater.

Living on Delmarva (or near it) offers diving opportunites inshore, nearshore, and offshore.

Feel free to contact me directly (see profile).

dive partner

Hi Volodya,

I have a tough work schedule, but sometimes I train at a quarry in Virginia (Millbrook Quarry at Haymarket) its about an hour from silver spring, MD. I also use to dive in savage maryland. There is a very nice quarry back in the forest behind savage mills, but unfortunately, it is illegal to swim there as it is private property. My stats are similar to yours.
These were my stats last season:
constant ballast: 25 meters
dynamic without fins: 50 meters
dynamic with fins: 65 meters
Static apnea dry: 4'00

I am in the process of attaining my previous levels, then I plan to dive in the quarry on a regular basis. I am going to try to find a scuba diver to act as a safety diver, because I am uncomfortable at depths beyond 25 meters.

I'll keep you posted next time I go..if interested.

Bo

Re: diving partner

Hi, Bo.
I am just PM'ed you with my email address.
Would like to join you in VA quarry.
Volodya

follow-up: freediving buddy in Maryland

Hi, thanks to DB, I finally got what I was lookingf for.

I have finally met brilliant freediving team, guys are from PA/NJ/NY.
We dive in PA quarries - mostly at Dutch Springs and Wabank.
Whoever is interested, join Yahoo group EastCoastFreeDiver.

Still, would love to have anybody local for pool training.

Volodya

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT