• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving buddy sought in South Florida

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Joe Hennessey

Aug 23, 2016
Several years ago, I was on a trip to Curacao and wanted to do some snorkeling. The only fins to rent were really long, so I was able to check out a reef at 46 feet. This was my first time going that deep. When I returned, I bought a book on freediving, signed up for a FII course, and lobbied one of my friends to join me. He used to be up for anything athletic, but has been neutered by his new wife so I ended up taking the class without a buddy. I did fine on the pool day, and did the 3 min. static breath hold with no issues. But the 20 meter ocean dive the next day had to be cancelled due to rough seas. Since it was the last class of the season, I never got my certification -- or a refund. And due to the golden rule I learned of not freediving alone, I haven't returned to retake the class because even with the card, I still don't have a buddy to go diving with afterward.

I live in Palm Beach County, near Delray Beach, and am looking for a buddy / mentor and hopefully someone with whom I can go lobster hunting.

I used to be a PADI diver, and am at home on the water, being an open water swimmer. Please let me know if anyone knows of any clubs nearby that could help as well.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Hennessey

o be a PADI diver, and am at home on the water, being an open water swimmer. Please let me know if anyone knows of any clubs nearby that could help as well.
You got some interesting story out here. Followed. Hope to read few more of these

Hey Joe I'm also in SoFlo in Miami. Sometimes I'll go up to Deerfield beach but don't really know of any areas there to dive? But it is lobster season and I'm always down for that!

Satta Matka, Matka result, Satta Result, Matka Result, Kalyan Result, kl result, Kalyan Panel Chart, Satta Matta matka, Jodi chart, panel chart, Matka Guessing Tricks, Matka Charts, Madhur Matka, Satta Matka Tips, Satta Matka Chart, Kalyan Matka, Kalyan Matka Results, Kalyan Bazar, Main Mumbai Bazar, Satta Bazar all available at sattamatkaind.in
visit : Main Mumbai Bazar

Hey Joe I'm also in SoFlo in Miami. Sometimes I'll go up to Deerfield beach but don't really know of any areas there to dive? But it is lobster season and I'm always down for that!
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you're thinking of freediving (vs. scuba) for the lobster hunting. I too am in search of good spots to go for lobster, and would love to get together but am currently dry docked and can't get in the water while waiting for a skin graft to heal. Hopefully we can meet up once I'm back in business.

Regards,

Joe

Hello all! Glad to see some recent chatter in SoFlo. I moved here about a year ago from Cleveland. After doing some snorkeling and kayaking I'm looking for a partner to practice freediving with. Or really anyone that just wants to get out on the water more. I was formerly a paramedic and army medic, so I do have some additional attributes!

Enjoy the day!

Reactions: Jaygomez
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT