• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving club near Bedford UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

OceanMan

Feb 22, 2005
Hi all,
I'm a french freediver and i will soon go to Cranfield near Bedford (UK) to study.
Is there any freediving club around here??
Thx for responses.

Hello OceanMan.
That's nice to see some more French going to Cranfield.
I was one of them 3 year ago (I am getting hold !!) and am living in UK now.
At the time I had no car (and if you are wondering about taking your car or not in September, take it. There is nothing to do in Cranfield, except studying or playing counter-strike, I was very good by the end) so I was not doing much freediving. Anyway, I have just started last year....
So I don't know if people train there, but I doubt so
However, you are not far from London, where you could do some pool training (you should have a look here http://www.britishfreediving.org/ to have the list of the clubs)
Otherwise, you are very welcome to come and train with me and a friend in Leamington Spa (about 50 minutes North of Cranfield) we are going every Wednesday evening. We are trying to get access to another pool for more training.

About depth freediving, the best would be Chepstow, in a lake. Have a look here Saltfree

What are you going to do in Cranfield? an MSC? which one?
PM me for more info about life in Cranfield or other....

Remi

I PM you. (but my message is too short for the forum so i'm still writing! Isn't it weird??)

Cranfield? I went there 3 years ago too (2001-2002). You definately need to bring a car!

I don't freedive. Only scuba dive but want to take up freediving (courses are a touch too pricey... :waterwork).

Hey Pach,
That's the year when I was there too :)
What were you doing there?
I was doing the automotive MSc
Remi

Do you know Johann? She lived on my corridor.

I studied in SIMS, Offshore and Ocean Technology (diving option). There were loads of French people on my course too! :)

OceanMan,

I can strongly recommend that you talk to the British FreeDiving Association (BFA) to find a good club or buddy near you.

There are also options to do commerical courses if you feel you'd like to go down that route, the BFA can give you more information about those as well.

I'm doing the SIMS Diving MSc too but I'm only there part-time. Definitely take a car, thinking back to life as an undergraduate in Glasgow, Cranfield must be one of the most boring places on the planet... I am so glad I am not there full-time.

There was a rumour that they were building an indoor diving centre in Milton Keynes (1/2 hour away) but I doubt if this will happen.

I'm doing all I can to go there with a car... but I have to get my driver's licence first...
Milton Keynes is 1/2 hour away !! Damn, I thought it was closer.

Rémi, yeap, she did motorsport. Opps, i got my 'engineering' courses mixed up but still SIMS! :duh

OceanMan, Milton Keynes is only 1/2 hour by bus and about 15 minutes by car... either that or my b/f drives fast...

lizardland, Steve Tetlow still there? If you go/talk freediving, invite him cos he's interested too... and Tanya Streeter! rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT