• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving in berlin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nixe_berlin

Feb 3, 2006
Hi,
I live in Berlin and would like to do some training to improve my freediving technique. I'm looking for a buddy to train with or is there a club?
Thanks!

Hi Nixe,

I live in Berlin, too! I'm not a member of any association but
as far as I know there is a dive club in Reinickendorf which has a apnea group.
Veronika posted the link already.
Check your pm box!

Veronika, it seems that you also from Germany?

gruesse
Vivien

No, I'm from Austria - travelling to Germany pretty frequently, though (ins Bergische) ...

Liebe Gruesze,

Veronika

Vivien, Veronika,
thanks for your help! I really can't wait to meet other freedivers and learn from them.
Can you also recommend a few books or training plans?

Hallo Nixe,

if you want to get hands on "hardware", Umberto Pelizzaris manual of freediving is very nice. As an introduction, you might perhaps also enjoy "Apnoetauchen. Grundlagen, Trainingstipps, Praxis." by Dagmar Andres-Brümmer.
If digital info is fine for you as well, it's all right here at deeperblue :) . I am pretty confident that this is the best source of info you can possibly find. Just use the search functions (e.g. searching for "tables") or have a look around at the different forum sections. There is one especially for beginner freediving.

Have fun,

Veronika

Hallo Veronika,
I've already been searching through the forum but I guess I need a bit of structured information so I ordered those two books. I hope they will give me some basic information that will help me to figure out how to start training.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Liebe Gruesse,
Nixe

Hi Nixe,

if you are interested in AIDA training courses: There is one planned for this summer in Hemmoor by Katja Kedenburg.

Other (VDST-style) courses can be found on: www.vdstapnoe.de

Also in Hemmoor we are going to have the apnoe-happening (www.apnoehappening.de) which is a great occasion not only to meet lots of other freedivers but also to get information on the latest gear and to try out new stuff in the water. Hemmoor is one of the best place to freedive in Germany.

I am sure people from Berlin are also coming. There is that group that Veronika has already mentioned. If you are also interested in a little bit of the exitement of competitions: The is one coming up in Berlin in three weeks from now: I´ll find the date and additional information on the site of the Nordberliner Tauchverein. Spectators are also welcome - and the Berlin freediving scene will be there.

Would be great if you would drop by.

best wishes
Holger

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT