• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in Ireland, Preferably Dublin, near the 40 Foot?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dcfreediver

Jul 23, 2004
Hello all! I have decided to renew my efforts on the forum due mostly to my recent move to ireland! I am a 15 year old kid that loves swimming/freediving, and while I cant profess to have much skill, I am fairly enthusiastic about getting better. I have only been in Ireland a week or two, but so far Ive been swimming almost every day at the 40 foot. I live in Dublin, in Foxrock, and am enthralled, I moved from Atlanta, so I was landlocked. Here I have already seen huge pollack hanging over the sea weed, I have a glass bottom boat arriving any day soon. Is anyone in Ireland or dublin, and wish to drop me a line, or tell me a few good spots etc? I will also be in county claire, as well as we have a house in Co. Donegal, which is considerably better freediving.

Thanks so much!!
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
I've been spearing just around the corner in scotsmans bay.
drop me a msg, we'll go diving sometime.

All the Best
Pat

Hi dc,
got your message thanks I,m based in Sligo so if you or anyone is heading west give us a shout, usually pool work as still no buddy here
regards Feargus

hi my name is stephen i've been diving for 4 years (full on) just came to ireland three weeks ago from wollongong australia and am interested in meeting people to dive with you can contact me on 0857434275 cheers

hi i've just arrived here from aus and am looking for some one to dive with i've been diving for 4 years with blue water and rock hoping experience you can contact me on 0857434275

Hi Stephen,
Welcome to Ireland hope the weather doesn,t put you off too much. I,ll give you a call with more info but on the off chance your here first, there is a small clan of freedivers/spearos most it seems on the east coast. I,m based in Sligo and seem to be the only one here. Talk to you soon.
Regards Feargus.

i've been free diving from the shore around ballyconnelly in galway and baltimore in cork.

I've been diving for about 4 months mostly solo, 40 dives, reaching 15 metres at most.

just bought a foldspear and want to try and spear a few fish.

I'm not a competitive diver and am safety conscious.

just a quick post, might elaborate some other time.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT