• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in the Barcelona Area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MBanks

Martin
Feb 7, 2006
Hi,
I am going for a weeks holiday to Barcelona in July and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good/interesting locations near by to freedive at? Anything within an hour on the train I guess is good! :)
Martin

Hi Martin,

You have to go to Islas Medes ( marine national park) in L'Estartit about 180km North of BCN, in 2 hours freediving you will see all that the MED has to offer, fish , tunnels caves 0-abyss..s,...etc..etc... an absolute must if you are in BCN.

1hour 20 minutes by train to Figueres . Adrian, myself and fflupo live here.

or you could goto : lloret de mar, tossa de mar or st felix de guixolls, much closer to BCN there you can go deep.

maybe see ya in July :)

For me as a tourist over there the best places to go are l'estartit and on second st felix de guixolls. l'Estartit is a good place because of the medes islands but you always have to go by boat. And st felix is so nice because you can do some very good freediving without a boat. Just jumping in from the rocks and really enough to see and deep enough!

there are so many nice spots around,
many of them you can reach by car..
you are wellcome to come with us

Thanks for you replies, I'm going to check out the spots online. I'm going with a large group of people so hopefully if I find the time to escape or if everyone is up for a trip then I'll get to visit some of those spots. I'm actually going in a months time, June 13th -20th. I'll try and let you know what I'm doing nearer the dates incase you are around :)

Thanks again :)
Martin

Right, I am going to resurrect this thread to prove that I can do a search, and also as a lazy bookmark :)

I am having a long weekend in Barcelona in a few weeks (arrive 23 Aug, depart 28 Aug), staying with friends living in the city. None are "freedivers" as such, and I am an utter punter, and it's only a short trip....but is it worth at least taking my "baby blue" fins (short swim training fins, they are great) and a cheap shorty wetsuit? Might at least be able to persuade one of the guys to come out for a splash around but the round trip might put them off, it's meant to be a "put our feet up" weekend!

(sorry, I am writing before even looking at the named locations, bad netiquette Kenny...)

at the moment we have 23 C watertemp and yesterday 20m+ vis.
you are wellcome

wolf

Well last year in the end I didn't get to dive that much. However a group of us just went to the main beaches on the metro, it was good fun. As we arrived at the beach I saw a spear fisher heading home. I didn't have my wetsuit, just shorts, my mask and my mono, and I had greaet fun playing in the waves, swimming underneatth them towards shore as the broke and letting them carry me. I also swam out and dived down some chains which bouys were attatched to.

Anyway, pit of a pointless post, but even if you do make it to the beach you can always have fun :D

martin.

Reactions: island_sands
Hi there! Me and a couple of friends are going on vacation to Barcelona between 30th of october and 7th of november. Most of us are freedivers who yet haven't had the pleasure to dive in the Med. or even in any open sea. We would love to get some recommendations on where to go for a great dive. It would be even greater if we could hook up and go dive together!

Best Wishes from Oskar H.

drop us a line after u arrived and we sort something out we are 1.5 hours by car from barcelona..at the costa brava/ empuria brava
we go usually out by boat.
in november you will need a 5mm

hasta pronto
wolf

wow, that sounds really great! How could do you think it will be in the ocean? since none of us have wetsuits it could cause a bit of a problem i guess :/

Best wishes //Oskar H

even better without suit the survival shock gonna kick in strong

Hi Everyone,

I will have a day free in BCN on Sunday the 3.sep and it would be great to go freediving. I will bring my gear and hope some of you are up to showing a good place, -I was thinking a good bit north, up around Lloret de Mar..
do I need a 5 mm or is 3mm good enough at this time of year?
Best Stig

Hi Martin,

You have to go to Islas Medes ( marine national park) in L'Estartit about 180km North of BCN, in 2 hours freediving you will see all that the MED has to offer, fish , tunnels caves 0-abyss..s,...etc..etc... an absolute must if you are in BCN.

1hour 20 minutes by train to Figueres . Adrian, myself and fflupo live here.

or you could goto : lloret de mar, tossa de mar or st felix de guixolls, much closer to BCN there you can go deep.

maybe see ya in July :)
Hi Jonny,

I'm visiting the area this week and really keen to visit the Isla medas ...could you tell me how to reach them from the mainland?
Thanks
Alex

Hi Jonny,

I'm visiting the area this week and really keen to visit the Isla medas ...could you tell me how to reach them from the mainland?
Thanks
Alex
hi alex,
you drive to l estartit and there you can take 1 of the scuba dive boats to the medes approx 12 euros, ( i would book in advance as it is high season )there are lots of nice spots to dive and i would say the delphin is the less difficult, don t dive alone !
enjoy and be safe

hi alex,
you drive to l estartit and there you can take 1 of the scuba dive boats to the medes approx 12 euros, ( i would book in advance as it is high season )there are lots of nice spots to dive and i would say the delphin is the less difficult, don t dive alone !
enjoy and be safe
Thanks very much, I'll look into it!

For me as a tourist over there the best places to go are l'estartit and on second st felix de guixolls. l'Estartit is a good place because of the medes islands but you always have to go by boat. And st felix is so nice because you can do some very good freediving without a boat. Just jumping in from the rocks and really enough to see and deep enough!
Could you tell me where in St Felix to go for the free diving? On the map I can see some likely places like ill de freu, escallops de blanc, punta de molar, cala de barco...any ideas? thanks!

Gonna dig up this thread

Are there any active free diver some Barcelona who do training sessions in pools at the moment ?

Hello! I am doing a little resurrection in hopes to find some freediving buddies.

I am coming to Barcelona tomorrow (! sorry !) and I am staying until 12th, so one week.

I don't have a lot of gear with me unfortunately, since I am foremost on a study trip with my student friends. I am from Finland so I'm not afraid of chilly water ;)

This is my number if you could catch me: (+358) 0445177119

Ari Kaukiainen

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT