• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving lake Baikal and Japan. (Asia)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

perow1

Feb 28, 2005
Hello dear freediving friends!

I am, relatively speaking, new to freediving. I have been snorkeling and diving somewhatt during the years but started freediving actively this year. My progress is inspiring and i am closing up to 100m dynamic and +5 min static. I have not done any constant weight training since most of my practice has been done idoors. (Will practice outside this spring).

I am going on a trip on the transibirian railway this summer and I am wondering if there are any freedivers uot there who want to dive the lake baikal? (or if you have any information on the subject). I will be In Irkutsk for only a ouple of days (June 15 to June 18). Will be travelling through China and eventually reach Japan. My stay in japan will be Juli 3rd-9th. I am happy to hear from you japanese freedivers for info or a possible diving trip. (I have not decided as of yet where in japan i will be locted, but I will stay close to Tokyo a couple of days for sure.

Did you ever manage any diving in Lake Baikal? I am heading there in a couple of months and wondering if you ever found any information/

Yes I did! The lake is the most wonderful thing. Great visibility and great nature. Vis 30+, when I was there. The DEEEEP lake looks like a tropical ocean from the mountains. The only sad thing is the temperature. The water was extremely cold (Mid June) I heard it gets warmer, but not really warm. Some of the life in the lake is uniqe for this lake. And there are some sponges that are nice to look at.

I did not find any freedivers, but I met a small group of divers from Listovyjanka. One of them, Peter, had actuallt been a part of Yasmine Dalcics team, when she was attempting records in egypt. I stayed in a small village, Bolshie Koty, only accesable by boat from listovyanka. It was wonderful.

For pure freediving training i think that it will be hard to find some buddies though!

Where will you stay? I really hope you give us some reports. I really envy you going there. What will you do there for two months?

Well, the lake is great and can you imagine that it holds more water than the great american lakes combined.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT