• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Maldives this morning

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Hello All

well it was my last freedive in Maldives this morning.. went diving for a couple of house and then joined a few mates in the bar.. so scuse any typso.. hehehehehe

the place i stayed the night in the was Taj Coral reef resort... it's a four star island that got struct by the Tsunami but have recuperated quite quickly.

now i am embarrassed. :hungover

their whole beach moved around the island but their reef is still intact.. i would still rate it as one of the top resorts for freediving/snorkellng in the maldives. the reef has a purpose sunk wreck lying at 20 metres and its a great diving spot.. there are loads of reef fish and the reef itself still has many growing corals. i swam out to the drop off and took a few photos.

attached phtos.. along with many celebratory apologies. :) and six g&t with lime juice and Angostura bitters. :friday

i would recommend Taj Coral reef resort, its got the greatest freediving spots (and snorkelling), and you can have the greatest seafood platters with marvellous wine on the beach at night, the bar is on the ocean and they have a wonderful Mandara spa to indulge yourself in. Definitely a must :)

Alison feel free to edit my pos to save my face:) hahahaha
rofl rofl
:friday :friday

Attachments

• wreck.jpg
    wreck.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 204
  • taj new beachj.jpg
    taj new beachj.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 181
  • batfish.jpg
    batfish.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 144
  • clam2.jpg
    clam2.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 147
  • very strange do.jpg
    very strange do.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
more pics...

Attachments

• acropora.jpg
    acropora.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 147
  • clam4.jpg
    clam4.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 179
  • lagoon.jpg
    lagoon.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 140
  • taj coral.jpg
    taj coral.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 175
  • water.jpg
    water.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 137
and more.. coffee is going down well and writing skills are improving slowly...

Attachments

• powder blue surgeons.jpg
    powder blue surgeons.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 147
  • hawkfish.jpg
    hawkfish.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 177
  • wreck4.jpg
    wreck4.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 148
  • wreck5.jpg
    wreck5.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 178
Wow! one day I'll make it out to those Pacific waters...The fourth one on the top series, is that a sea slug of dome type? At first I thought it was a giant clam.

Adrian

Adrian said:
Wow! one day I'll make it out to those Pacific waters...The fourth one on the top series, is that a sea slug of dome type? At first I thought it was a giant clam.

Adrian

it is a giant clam... taken especially for Shane!! Hey we're still Indian Ocean here ;)

Attachments

• clam3.jpg
    clam3.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 143
  • clam1.jpg
    clam1.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Thanks for the great photos Sarah!

I'm glad to see that some of the reefs are still intact!

Said :)

those look fabulous.. bet you wonder why you are leaving!
thanks for sharing...
S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT