1. Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 38,500+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 473,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 5,500+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Mallorca

Discussion in 'Europe & Mediterranean' started by sai, Jan 16, 2014.

1. sai

sai Active Member

Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    Hi, can anyone recommend diving spots around Mallorca? We're planing to do a trip this summer to Mallorca and can't find any freediving guide.

2. surfinsd

surfinsd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Freediving here for whatever reasons is pretty darn low key. Are you looking to spear or just to dive?

3. sbouaoud

sbouaoud Active Member

Local Time:
    Hi
    Mallorca is quite good for Freediving. The north area which I know best in particular.

4. finSailor

finSailor Active Member

Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    Got any info about spots?

5. sbouaoud

sbouaoud Active Member

Local Time:
    Formentor area is very nice

6. finSailor

finSailor Active Member

Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    Thanks @sbouaoud ! We have a boat for one day, and we leave from Porto Pi, which seems to be exactly opposite from Formentor. Any locations in east/west side?

7. sbouaoud

sbouaoud Active Member

Local Time:
    Unfortunately I am not familiar with that area

8. sergey_g

sergey_g Member

Local Time:
    5:48 PM
    Are there good places for spearfishing around Formentera? Will come there (Alcudia) in the beginnng of September, wondering if I should bring my speargun wth me? Heard that one has to get fishing license there with medial health certificate, have to admit that it sounds a bit complicated for 2 or 3 spearfishing trips..

9. Stephan Whelan

Stephan Whelan Papa Smurf Staff Member Admin

Local Time:
  10. fflupo

fflupo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    feel free to sent me a message i do freedive the whole island all year and it is stunning

11. sergey_g

sergey_g Member

Local Time:
    Thank you, I will try to take contact with her via that page.

12. sergey_g

sergey_g Member

Local Time:
    Nice! I will freedive anyway, how can I take contact with you? May I ask you - do you believe that spearfishing 1 or 3 times will worth getting license, considering time and money spent for it?

13. fflupo

fflupo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    hey sergey,
    you can sent me a message on deeperblue or on fb you can find us / the aida school under mallorca freedive..
    i don t spearfish but have friends who can sort you out

the places with lots of fish like: el toro, cabrera are marine reserve parks and you are not allowed to fish, in other spots the fish are in deep water 30m +

14. sergey_g

sergey_g Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for info! 30 m is outside my range anyway, so speargun will stay home, I guess. Will just relax with camera and try to take nice pictures to look at during norwegian winter :)

15. sergey_g

sergey_g Member

Local Time:
    Hello! I am not sure how it works at this forum with private messages but I tried second time today. If it fails again, can you write here where and when can I come to join you on your trip these days? Looking forward, water is just fine, swimmed at Alcudia today.

16. Peter Scoot

Peter Scoot New Member

Local Time:
    Hi Sai,
    I can recommend the Tom's Catch website. Tom's catch is a site owned by a sea passionate, Thomas. He does a great selection of fishing boat trips al over the world. Good recommendation.
    Peter

17. RicardoW

RicardoW New Member

Local Time: