• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Maui in Jan.?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dakdiver

Jun 22, 2002
lookin for people and places to dive with out in Maui in Jan. I'll be up at the Ritz-Carlton. Without a car. So, places near the north end would be good. Thank for any input. Dan

Dan, Molikini is a very 'touristy' place to dive off the coast of Maui. I belive that is will be a little drive for you though. It is near the west side of the island. Anyways, Molikini is a small little cresent shaped 'island' (well, just a small rock in the middle of the ocean). It has some great diving charters there. Most of the charter boats are around $60 per person and they take you out for the day, let you snorkel around and usally include lunch.
If this will be your first time to Maui, it is a good 'tourist' spot.
Enjoy!

Here are some pics of Molikini

Attachments

• molikini (5).jpg
    molikini (5).jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 241
Hey Dan, not to sure about places to dive on the north side. I was just in Kihei during the summer and my favourite place was La Perouse (think that's how to spell it). Basically, took a really narrow road out to this bay. At the bay it is a wildlife reserve and there is roughly a 50/50 chance of the local dolphins coming in to play. I got to swim with about 15 of them or so.

There are a lot of tourists but the benefit is you can go down to about 30-40 ft at the bottom (no tourist can) and see some of the deeper ones without tourists bowling you over chasing them. A little calmer. but a bit of a drive unless you take the back rough 4x4 but if you break down the locals will not be happy.

thats it for now. I have some links at home I will add of some dive spots later.

jer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT