• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving schools in Koh Tao, Thailand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

com

Dec 10, 2016
I am a complete beginner, no any previous experience in freediving, consider taking few days (weeks depending on how it goes) of training in Koh Tao (Thailand).

There are three schools I am aware of.
- Blue Immersion
- Apnea Total.
- Big Blue Freediving.

I have a really hard time to decide with which school to go. They have the similar prices. The similar programы. Blue Immersion is famous for it's instructor Akim, unfortunately he is not teaching any more at Blue Immersion.

Some of the schools have their own accommodations.

I would appreciate to know your experience with these schools.

Another question, is it possible to bargaining with free-diving schools?

Maybe I am completely wrong, and for beginners it's better to go with private teacher?

The main difference is the education systems that they follow. Blue immersion and Big Blue follow the SSI system while Apnea Total has its own system. I work with the Apnea Total system myself and have nothing but good things to say about it. However, I am not very familiar with the SSI system so I cannot make an unbiased recommendation. I suggest you talk with all three and choose whatever feels best to you.

Don't worry about getting a private teacher, you'll be just fine in a group. The groups are never big in freediving classes anyway. In fact, I even think it's better for students to have someone to share the experience with.

Reactions: Pheesama and com
Trust me it doesn't matter. Ads may say that such school is run by a champ but you can bet he will unlikely teaches beginner course. Even he does, it still does not matter. In freediving, you are to progress on your own with guidance and safety from instructors.

I doubt beginner material in organizations are much different. I know for a fact that SSI and probably PADI teach more theory than Apnea total. Different breath up/recovery breath/order to teach exhale dive/mouthfill. Requirements to pass each levels are slightly different. If you talk to instructors outside the school they probably say the same. In fact more often than not, instructors are crossing over from agencies to agencies.

So close your eyes and pick one.

Bargaining might be possible in a form of work trading like internship program. Or you might try to ask for packages like long term training program, possibly plus accommodation, possibly plus lunch

Last edited:
i did the beginner at a.total, great:)

if you still on koh tao the next few days / weeks, I arrive tomorow , we could practice togheter and fundive buddys etc:)) I am interesting for advanced / master freedive level, think would drop by in a.total.

ps end of feb/march/april go indnoesia for freedive:)

write me to mimoho78@gmail.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT