• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving training buddy in Geoje or Busan, South Korea?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

retaw

Dec 6, 2010
Hello everyone

I'm looking for a freediving training buddy in Geoje or in Pusan (South Korea). I can speak some basic Korean and have experience in freediving. Please post me an answer here, hope to hear from someone soon.

I've gone training diving with the team in sehyeon's link a few times. Very cool people, but you need Korean, as they speak virtually no English. They plan dive trips down to Jeju a few times a summer (going again this coming weekend actually, and once in October where I hope to try to join).

Unfortunately they (we) are up in Seoul, so training is quite a bit out of the way for you.

I never post on the Daum cafe (it's not as comfortable as this style of forum is), but you will need to be a member of it if you want to dive with them. If you get in touch with 'Jacques' (the leader) tell him you know me (also eNeRGy on the Cafe, and my name is Kevin/케빈), and if you'll be able to join you can come up and crash on my couch any weekend, and we can go train together (they go Sunday mornings early).

There was also this post a little while ago with other Korean stuff, but it hasn't been posted in recently.

Anyway, keep me posted, and if you're ever up in Seoul hit me up regardless, and I'll do the same if I go down that way~

Hi, I'm from New Zealand but I'm moving to Busan later this month. I was wondering the same thing- if there are other interested people meet up and train with. I speak Korean pretty well and I'm always keen.

yo eatpeteNZ,

I believe retaw is still in geoje. i've already left geoje 6 mths ago.

Perhaps we can contact retaw, and organise smth in the pool.

we trained a few times before, retaw is well versed with safety drills in the pool :)

cheers,
khee

nah, not ANY that i know of from Geoje.

However, there may be some freedivers in Seoul. I did not manage to contact any. You can try :)

There is a pretty big group up here in Seoul actually. There is also one AIDA instructor who is very active teaching here. If you're keen to hook up with the Korean team let me know. I plan on diving with them again soon, so you could also join me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT