• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fried Old Bay Striper Fillets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

seakittenhunter

Jun 7, 2009
1 bowl of flour
1/2 a bowl of Old Bay seasoning
Some veggie oil
5 beated eggs
1 1/2 lbs. of striped bass fillets
and 1 frying pan

Take a large bowl and two cups of flour and a second bowl with one cup of Old Bay seasoning. Take a third bowl and crack five eggs than beat them. Take your fillets and soak em' in the eggs than add the flour and Old Bay. Pure some veggie oil in your frying pan and swish it around. Cook the pan until the oil simmers than add your fillets. Once the fillets are good and brown you can know sit down and enjoy.

Nice recipe idea SeaKittenHunter (a PETA-oriented name, like it). We could do with some of those big ol' strip bass over here. Although we're usually pretty happy to get regular sea bass or grey mullet - which I'm sure this would work for too. Can you tell us a bit about Old Bay seasoning?

Although we're usually pretty happy to get regular sea bass or grey mullet -

One of your images of Japanese probably includes "Japanese eat anything"

I like eating mullet, and often get some big ones here. But I usually hide them at the bottom of my catch bag. Over here almost no one eats them, and indeed the locals look at me strangely and say what are you going to do with that? When I say I'm going to eat it they laugh and make comments about strange foreigners. To the japanese they smell to much??
They have a smell but not that bad. I have seen it for sale so some people must eat it (secretly)

Even my wife, "another mullet" But she doesn't know if I serve it to her and not tell her what it is. She's happy then. "ah fresh fish yum"

old bay is a great seafood seasoning that i believe originates from crab bakes in the maryland area..

I have been using it for years on shrimp and other sea treats,,,frying fish in it sounds awesome

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…