• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fried Oysters

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SurfnSpear

At the beach!
May 24, 2005
I never much enjoyed raw oysters, so if like me you wish to heat the little pearlers, then try this...:t

Fried oysters, breaded with a mixture of cornmeal and flour and seasonings.
INGREDIENTS:

• 24 to 36 oysters, raw
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups cornmeal ie. Masa Harina from Sainsbury's (also good for fish, Calamari etc.)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons flour
PREPARATION:

Drain oysters. In a bowl, beat eggs; add drained oysters and let stand for 10 minutes. Mix cornmeal, sugar, salt, pepper and flour. Dip oysters in cornmeal mixture and fry in batches in deep hot oil or shortening -- at about 370° -- until golden brown.

Last edited:
MMMMMMMMMMMMM

PODGE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS RECIPE? Would be nice for that oasis date you are promising me

Reactions: SurfnSpear
island_sands said:
MMMMMMMMMMMMM

PODGE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS RECIPE? Would be nice for that oasis date you are promising me

Sands NNNNOOOO leave me be woman I was a happy married man until last week and now there’s oysters in the desert.
OOOOOWWWWW you temptress from afar.
rofl
PS it’s a good job my wife doesn’t read this forum or I would be in the sh*t.:rcard

How about this, now that’s what I call a siren.
rofl rofl rofl

rofl rofl rofl jeez and I was just working on my next avatar

island_sands said:
rofl rofl rofl jeez and I was just working on my next avatar

Carry on girl don’t let the BIG HORN put you off it wont hurt I promise.:t :t

Well, I have the oysters last night! They are lovely. I used an excellent dusting called Masa Harina corn meal. You get it in the speciality shelves of Sainsbury's. It is basically a Tortilla corn flour. Oyster KFC!

SurfnSpear said:
Well, I have the oysters last night! They are lovely. I used an excellent dusting called Masa Harina corn meal. You get it in the speciality shelves of Sainsbury's. It is basically a Tortilla corn flour. Oyster KFC!

Surfnspear apart from all the joviality on this thread I must say that your oysters sound great. Anything with KFC works for me just not to sure of they would go with the chicken gravy.

Mmmmm...KFC oysters, KFC mash, with some KFC gravy over the top..:head:t
I know..I know...I think oyster afficionados are cringing at the thought...rofl

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…