• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

From the Canary Islands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jfrancois

Nov 18, 2011
Hi everybody.

I was looking to extend the boundaries of my recreational divings so I went for an AIDA ** course here in the Canary Islands 2 weeks ago. The course went far behond my expectations and I am looking forward getting more knowledge in the art of freediving.

Whenever I am searching for diving advices and for equipment reviews, I often end up in deeperblue. The next move was to get closer to this community, so here I am.

Cheers,

Jean-François

Hi JF, welcome to DB!
I think there are a few people on here who have been to your islands, but it would be great to know more... whats the diving like? do you get strong tides?

Hi Jonny.

Thank you for your welcome.

Tides here are usually not strong, the difference is about 2 meters between highs and lows

They are plenty of spots for diving here in the islands, with few where spearfishing is authorized. The island of Hierro is very well known for being a protected natural reserve but due to its recent volcano eruption, diving cannot be practiced there yet.

Water temperatures are between 23 and 19º all over the year, and the islands are known for its "eternal spring".

Here in the island of Gran Canaria, the 2 most known spots are accesible from the shore: el Cabron and Sardina del Norte but with a depth no exceeding 20 meters. You have many other places to dive a deeper depth.

In the island of Tenerife, where I have got my AIDA course, there is a splendid spot called Tabaiba that is very well protected from winds and currents, with usually a very good underwater visibility. You can get up to 30 meters deep just 100 meters away from the shore.

Jean-François

Hi Jean,
welcome. I am in Dubai ,the weather at this time is around 28c which is good for spearfishing but I am sure where you are is perfect.
Tarek

Hi everybody.

I was looking to extend the boundaries of my recreational divings so I went for an AIDA ** course here in the Canary Islands 2 weeks ago. The course went far behond my expectations and I am looking forward getting more knowledge in the art of freediving.

Whenever I am searching for diving advices and for equipment reviews, I often end up in deeperblue. The next move was to get closer to this community, so here I am.

Cheers,

Jean-François

Surfing is Playa de las Americas in Tenerife is wonderful! Its the surfing capital of the island and many tourist surfers didnt waste any second to go there! There are so many friendly and open people there too. I'll go back there in my next travel definitely. Hope to see you there guys!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT