• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Frozen fish recipes (bass)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jez

Jun 16, 2005
Ok. So I've a freezer full of bass. What are the best recipes for using frozen bass (now there's no fresh fish available)? I cooked a fillet for the cat the other day and it didn't seem so inviting as a fresh fish.

Funny you should say that cause ive just had a dinner party and used some frozen bass as a starter.ok....
I filleted the bass,skinned it then sliced into strips
i then cut those strips onto a plate and covered them in flour and used my fingers to make sure they were all fully covered.
Then.....i got a bowl and whisked up 2 eggs with a bit of milk
Right,now the easy bit,buy a packet of crackers,you know the cheese crackers and mash 'em up however you like until they're pretty well mashed,stick 'em in a bowl.
Get the flour covered fish,dip them in the egg mixture fully and then into the cracker mixture making sure they're fully covered in the crusty crushed stuff,stick 'em on a plate and put them in a fridge whilst you.....
Get a big sausepan of sunflower oil,get it red hot,then stick all your well prepaired fish into the pan,it isn't gonna take long,like,2 minutes....then deposit them onto some absorbant paper and serve with a selection of dips.

I find this a most favourable way of cooking bass and as we were well nervous about cooking for a chef,he seemed satisfied with he outcome,mind you,my misses lasangne kicks arse.

Hope this helps.

All the best Daf.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT