• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale FS: Moana Waterman Apnoe Fins with Pathos Footpocket

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jd_odin

Jan 26, 2006
Sadly I need to sell my Moana Waterman Carbon Fins in 42-44 (Hybrid Soft) with Pathos foot pockets from July this year. The fins are really amazing, but I have some problems with the fitting of the Pathos foot pockets. Don't missunderstand me, there is nothing wrong with them, they are top quality like the complete fins, it's a problem with my little toes (seems that the best foot pocket for me is that from the C4 Mustangs). I paid $450 plus $50 for shipping to germany, plus import tax and custom fees. I would prefer selling them in europe and I ask 350 Euro shipping included, which I think is a fair price. They are in very good condition I used them only for 2 weeks during my summer holliday.

Here is what JD from Moana Waterman wrote to me about the Hybrid Soft:

....I have a hybrids soft blade (half medium, half soft), medium and medium firm. The mediums are what most of the reviews are all about, but I'm really excited about the hybrid softs. They respond really nice like a soft fin to small and soft kicks, yet when you open it up or dolphin kick, the medium base kicks in and it feels and performs like a medium fin! Personally, that is my fin! They are pretty new with very few, if any review.....

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. I will add some pics later

Have you tried heating the footpockets and reshaping them a bit?
I have the same fins and my right foot toes were ....a but tight as the pocket is more flat. I heated the pocket by submerging it in almost boiling water, putting it on my foot (with a sock on) and stretching the toe area a bit with my fingers. It fits perfectly now. I also did the left foot and you can see a definite left and right fin now by the shape of the pockets.
But, if you do this, don't leave the fins out in the hot sun. It will go back to the original shape a bit. Not completely but a bit.

The toe box was too shallow for me too, but I handled it in a different way from Hank. I put on two fin socks and rammed my foot in, then used the low setting on a heat gun. I'm told a hair dryer works too.

Now I have left and right fins that fit perfectly.

The toe box was too shallow for me too, but I handled it in a different way from Hank. I put on two fin socks and rammed my foot in, then used the low setting on a heat gun. I'm told a hair dryer works too.

Now I have left and right fins that fit perfectly.

My new Moana Hybrids in Pathos Foot Pockets are (finally) on the way to me and should arrive a few days before my departure to La Paz and JD told me to do exactly what Bill said above - in case the toes or upper foot pocket is a little tight. Definitely worth trying :t

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT