• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

fuji finepix

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
got a fuji finepixf700 over christmas and thought I would share my thought w you more advanced guys. The camera is 6.2 MP and very, I mean very small. It takes high quality video clips but they are limited in duration(like 3.5 min at the highest setting and 7 min at normal) The housing from fuji is user friendly and very nice. After putting together some footage I found a simple solution to what a couple of people have said about making video w/ their 5050's...I like to mix photos(slideshow style) with video clips. Keeps the video interesting and has a nice quality to it...some moments are better captured in a single frame if you kno what I mean. I even mixed some video clips and pictures Andrsn took during KK 03 and made a dvd out of the trip....wish we would have known ahead of time and we could have gotten more video...

Just wanted to share a little bit here as I am learning.

Rig,

I took a look at that camera and it has some nice featuers, like being able to set it to 1600 asa.

Unfortunately, it looks likeit only takes XD-cards, and not CF cards. This means that you will end up paying a lot more for your storage media. The 5050 takes XD-cards, CF-cards, and SM-cards. Scine CF-cards are used in all sorts of other gadgets, you can usually find a much better deal on them.

I think I padi (oop's, I mean paid) around $150 for my 512mb card. 6 months later Ted paid the same $140 and bought a 1 Gig card.

Jon

yeah it does only take the xd cards...got a 256 now. My reality however is that I wanted a camera that my wife can use easily for snapshots and was very portable. Being able to take it u/w was a secondary concern. I like that though because I can keep it on the boat in the housing and not have to worry about it getting wet. Remember, I am a charter captain and I spend more time on the water than in it...:waterwork

Primary is that my wife is a picture freak and took at least 20 disposable cameras worth of pictures of our lab this year...now we have a baby on the way and I would never be able to afford developing all the ensuing film...:D

Conrgats on the baby! They're a blast!:D

I bought my wife a nice Nikon SLR when we were dating and she hardly ever uses it. Now that I got my digital camera she would much rather use that. She knows a lot more about touching up photos on the computer than I do. I mentioned trading her's in for her "own" didgtal, but she wasn't sure she wanted to give up her "good" camera- that she never uses.;)

I can empathize with you on the snap-happy spouse. Last dive trip we took I handed her one of my cameras at the begining of a dive so she could take some pictures of me, for a change, as well as other things that would swim on by. Not more than 3 minutes later she handed the camera back to me because she had used up all 36 exposures!:head We still had an hour of bottom time to go and were down to one camera, which I was no longer willing to share.;)

That's a nice thing about diigtals. You don't have to be stingy with your shots while your down there. In the past I would always save at least 2 frames for the ascent and safety/deco stop because you never know what will swim by. In the end I got a lot more pictures of boat ladders than turtles meandering by. :waterwork With digital I can just snap away a delete at will.

jon

My wife is not very computer literate...not that I am much better! So I needed something that wouldnt intimidate her...the fuji looks like every point and shoot camera ever made, a big plus to her.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT