• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question gear for freediving for 2m-10m

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepAbyss

Feb 11, 2018
hi,
what is the min depth for use longblade fin, i do shoredive so the depth is 2m-10m.

i can use regular fin like cressi pro star or i need to buy longblade fin?

thanks

You could use pro stars, but you would appreciate the benefits of long fins, if your shore diving it's not just the depth you need to think about, tides and currents can play a huge part and it's better to have the extra power just in case you need it. I use Cressi master frog scuba fins and seacsub long fins, the Cressi master frog give me everything I need but if I didn't do squats and cycle etc, I would struggle to use them effectively, it's most important to match your fins not just to the type of diving you do but also your ability to use them. Long fins are much more efficient in my opinion, but don't spend too much money for shore diving, they will get scratched up pretty quick, if your legs are average to strong get soft or medium long fins, avoid stiff long fins, shore diving can involve reasonable distance swims and the stiff longs fins will be unusable after time, unless you have seriously conditioned legs, core etc. When i started, I used oceanic viper scuba fins which were ok ish, but to move against current, my legs were moving pretty fast and effected my mental ability to relax into it all. The stiff master frogs are convenient because I can still use scuba boots and they give me serious pushing power, they do need reasonable legs to use them effectively however. My long fins without a doubt are the most effecient, i can swim whilst my dad kayaks over distance and do a reasonable job of keeping up with him. To sum up, your current fins are ok but beware currents etc and take things slowly and remember that having to move them quickly will eat up your oxygen. Long soft or medium fins would be much better and safer and do not neglect leg, core and body conditioning. Most importantly dive safe and have fun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT