• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gear order

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erik

Jan 21, 2001
I'd like to do a gear order very soon. I want to get my bro-in-law a decent gun for Xmas, plus some spare stuff for me. Anyone?
Erik

I may be able to help you out with some toys.

PM me your email and I will send you an excel spreadsheet I have been putting together that lists all the extra gear that I have laying around.

Here is a preliminary copy (if it pastes correctly). I have about 25 more items to add to it.

Jim

Toy List:

New/Used Item Make Model Description Condition

New Speargun Rabitech Hunter 90cm aluminum railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 80cm aluminum railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 100cm aluminum railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 110cm aluminum railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 130cm aluminum railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 90cm carbon railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 100cm carbon railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 110cm carbon railgun New
New Speargun Rabitech Stealth 110cm carbon railgun New
New Speargun Omer Cobra 90cm wood New
New Speargun A.B. Biller 54" wood with reel and extra shaft New
New Socks Omer Calizari 3mm, size 4 New
Used Fin Blades C4 VTR Used only a few times, great condition Almost new
Used Fins Cressi 2000 LD Blue color, size 8-9, excellent condition Almost new
New Wetsuit Scubapro Shorty Size large, blue and black color New
Used Wetsuit Scubapro Full Size large, blue and black color Almost new
Used Scuba Tank Luxfer 80 Current hydro 4/03, original hydro 1/77 Great
Used Scuba Tank Luxfer 63 Current hydro 4/05, original hydro 3/86 Great
Used Scuba Tank Luxfer 63 Current hydro 4/05, original hydro 5/86 Great
Used Scuba Tank Luxfer 50 Current hydro 6/05, original hydro 11/78 Great
Used Scuba Tank Luxfer 50 Current hydro 6/05, original hydro 11/78 Great
Used Scuba Tank Luxfer 50 Current hydro 4/05, original hydro 10/81 Great

Last edited:
If you have trouble reaching him - try Rabitech Anonymous in Florida.

Holy crap Jim. I knew you had a few extra guns, but not a stores worth.

Holy crap! RA 12 step self-help is in order!

Will do Jim, thanks.

Erik

Hey Jim, could you tell me in short what is the difference between the VTR and the Flap/Falcon? is it fiberglass or carbon?

VTR blades are fiberglass with a little bit of carbon used in them. These are the same shape blade as the Falcon.

The Falcon is a carbon fiber blade with a concave shaped end.

The Flap is a carbon fiber blade with (just like it's name suggests) a convex flap shaped end.

I snapped a pic of my Flap 80, Falcon 30, VTR fins to illustrate the differences for you.

**Keep in mind that Flap blades are the same length as Falcon blades, however the 80 series blades which are shown on the right, are about 10-12cm longer than the regular 25, 30, and 40 series blades.

Jim

:)

Attachments

• Compare C4.JPG
    Compare C4.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 241
Not to spoil this thread, and apologies in advance to all. But...this is a confession: personally I'm on day 8

The last 10 days of a great gear collection
day 1-day off from work: it would be a big offence to the family going spearfishing on a day you can stay with them.
day 2-It's working day: big offence to the family going on the few hours you can stay with them.
day 3-baby is sick: big offence...
day 4-baby is no more sick: big offence going now that you can play with her
day 5-sunny day: big offence...
day 6-stormy day: you are the only breadwinner for the family: don't put yourself in danger for a fish!
day 7-early morning: once you wake up early (you rarely do) stay with the family.
day 8-late morning: they let you sleeping till late, now stay with the family!
day 9-Sell off all your spearfishing gear.
day 10-???

Last edited:
Spaghetti,

The list of items I am keeping far exceeds the list of items I am selling. I plan to dive with you in Italy someday, so don't go selling off all of your gear either!!!

Jim

:)

I just received a purchase from the "jimdoe2you" store. Item was shipped immediately and arrived in brand new state as described. Thanks Jim

I already know Jim is a good guy, because I had a chance to hang out and dive with him for a few days, but for anyone else who is considering some of his new gear for sale, do not hesitate. Easy and painless transaction via paypal.

lee

not sure when you guys are going to order, but I'll be neading a set of foot pockets from Omer soon. maybe an Alien...... will see.

Be sure and check out the 2007 omer catalogue. Bitchin new stuff. Brown is the new black you know.

I might be ready for new fins/ maybe a wetsuit let me know where your ordering from Erik

The Nemo Powerblades are a great fin at a good price as you can order them in from Toronto and we get a discount. Just mention my name and the discount to get it.

I was thinking of some new Omer's as I really enjoyed the first pair I had.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT